well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Zyrtec and the stomach

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zyrtec and the stomach
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted
Yesterday I felt that my stomach may be better.
I was diagnosed with GERD (a lot of acid reflux) in March after trying to heal it myself for six weeks.
That diagnoses was changed to indefinite two weeks ago. Tests are coming soon.
I was taking Zyrtec four to five nights a week for the first time in early February. The Tucson allergy season starts then.
Stomach trouble is listed as a "Rare" side effect. Google searches contradict the "Rare" part.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25724 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Tried other allergy medicines?

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12696 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I take it once a day. I have unspecified allergies, technically, but I know from my time in New Orleans that I have a severe allergy to mold, and that my body has a very toxic reaction to pesticides and industrial particulates.

Posts: 24746 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
I now take generic Claritin.

Posts: 25724 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
It is not all bad. (edited by wtg)
A friend mentioned that I had lost a lot of weight.

Big Grin

Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
My doc recommended I switch from claritin to zyrtec to try to clear up chronic fluid in my ears but I swear zyrtec doesn't work as well for me - I'm sneezing way more on it. Think I'm gonna switch back.

I have had GERD for years - Prevacid is my drug of choice. Specifically Costco brand generic Prevacid (Lansoprazole or something like that). It's cheap, only once a day, and after the first day or two, works wonders. (It does take a day or so to kick in.) I specifically prefer Prevacid over Prilosec/Nexium and the like because there's supposedly fewer fillers and no dairy (Prilosec has dairy, as I learned the hard way when the kids were young and had both gerd and dairy allergies!)

Hope you feel better soon!

Posts: 4411 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Lisa. Will try Prevacid.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
My earlier post needs to be edited. "now" should ve "not".
The only thing I can find is a way to quote. The others are gone.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
editing done. Glad you said something; I was worried when I read the original version.

The reply/edit/report icons are all there. Just maddeningly frustrating to find.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37972 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
What browser are you using? I have clicked all the way across the space.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I use a bunch of different browsers.

Safari, iPad - Reply/Edit&Delete/Report icons visible. Emojis visible

Firefox, Windows 10 PC - Reply/Edit&Delete/Report icons visible, Emojis visible

Chrome, Windows 10 - Reply/Edit&Delete/Report icons not visible, but if I move the cursor across were they should be, the text associated with them pops up. A few emojis can be seen, but most appear as little garbage icons.

Brave, Windows 10 - same as Chrome

See the little white square with text in the lower right corner? My cursor doesn't show up on the screen grab, but it is hovering over the invisible Reply icon.

Looks like the easiest solution is to use Safari or Firefox.

I'm so sorry about this, but I've searched for an explanation as to why this is happening in vain.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37972 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I deleted Chrome from my home screen and use Firefox.

Posts: 24746 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Thanks
Trying Firefox