well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    My new neighbors are Nazis
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new neighbors are Nazis
 Login/Join

Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted
Yes, really.

https://www.splcenter.org/hate...-publishers-revealed

They apparently moved in a few houses down a couple months ago (we know it's them because their names are on the deed records). They keep to themselves for obvious reasons so blessedly I've never met or even seen them. But still ewwwwwww.

They're also so young.....sigh. So much for my great hope that as the older generations die off, all this hate will go with them.

Posts: 4411 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
if only you could spray paint a star of david on that house.

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21353 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12696 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Were you one of the
quote:
two neighboring houses promoting LGBTQ equality and racial justice causes with lawn signs.
they talked about in the article?

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20467 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Axtremus:
Hey Lisa, want to do a project? Wink

https://onbeing.org/programs/d...adical-disagreement/

It is indeed harder to hate people you know personally.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13565 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Axtremus:
Hey Lisa, want to do a project? Wink

https://onbeing.org/programs/d...adical-disagreement/

thank you for sharing that. what a wonderful interview. it gives me hope.

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I thought people like this were no longer afraid of being open and public. This is the era of Bannon and Miller, after all. The GOP has normalized this stuff ... "good people on both sides." I wonder why they are still keeping to the shadows.

Posts: 12554 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
Were you one of the
quote:
two neighboring houses promoting LGBTQ equality and racial justice causes with lawn signs.
they talked about in the article?

No - that was apparently at their old house. This house is one of two tucked way way back in the woods. You can't even see the house from the street. I'm guessing they learned their lesson about being too publicly visible -- there's no way a reporter could suss out this house without big time trespassing on their property which I'm sure is a big reason they chose it. I feel particularly bad for their close neighbor -- the other house back in the woods with them. They are one of the biggest liberal houses on the street - a mom with teen daughters who reliably fills her driveway entrance with democratic signs every election. And now she has to live next to that. Honestly, given how isolated the houses are, I'd be a little scared if I were her. Ugh. Only consolation is that given their dedication to using fake names and shill companies and hiding their faces in their press releases, they don't seem very brazen. Hoping maybe the gay pride signs and such are what ran them out of their old neighborhood and maybe we can do it again.(Sadly though, I'm fairly certain that if we went door to door trying to rally the neighbors against them, we'd find at least a few households that would find absolutely nothing wrong with their views. Sigh again.)

Didn't get a chance to read that whole article but while it is nice in theory, I'm not sure I'm up for inviting the local nazi family over for dinner. I've spent the last 8 years trying to change the minds of my trump-loving family with no success....it's like beating my head against a wall. I can't imagine it will go any easier with neo-nazi publishing kings who aren't related to me.

Posts: 4411 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Could an exorcism help?
Maybe a coven dancing around the house?

I am joking, but maybe I can come up with something better.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25724 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Maybe string up some wires around the neighborhood to infer that they’re living in a Jewish enclave. Big Grin

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13819 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
Maybe string up some wires around the neighborhood to infer that they’re living in a Jewish enclave. Big Grin

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25724 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9802 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
???

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
???

http://well-temperedforum.grou...0004433/m/3713977797

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37974 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
somehow i missed that thread. and i didn't know about this wire thingy that some jews do. and i am jewish.

are they hasidim?

hasids are another species of jew that are quite unfamiliar to me.

but since i'm a secular jew--or a "culinary jew" as one friend describes himself--i wouldn't know about the more arcane practices.