well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    More Than Two Million People, Six ICU Beds Left

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More Than Two Million People, Six ICU Beds Left
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted
Where?

Texas, of course. (Austin.)

And Houston, with a population of 6.7 million, has 41 ICU beds left.

https://t.co/HHL3B3wqbk?amp=1

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
Where?

Texas, of course. (Austin.)

And Houston, with a population of 6.7 million, has 41 ICU beds left.

https://t.co/HHL3B3wqbk?amp=1

And those are blue areas.

Many states are shipping patients to other areas.

If I'm the governor of a high-vaccination state, I'm gonna be reluctant to be the depository for states that can't handle their surges. Taking those patients adds to the spread in your own, when those states/areas have demonstrated a lax attitude toward risk.

A story: my wife the OB-GYN has had several of her patients come back from Walmart and CVS without vaccination because they were told "do you want to do that to your baby."

Here's what ACOG says ...

ACOG Statement on Vaccination

quote:
ACOG recommends that all eligible persons, including pregnant and lactating individuals, receive a COVID-19 vaccine or vaccine series. Obstetrician-gynecologists and other women’s health care practitioners should lead by example by being vaccinated and encouraging eligible patients to be vaccinated as well.

Pharmacy malpractice.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
A couple of days ago I saw a story about Mississippi. There were six ICU beds left.

In the entire state.

Frowner

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37892 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
What do you do when you have one bed and two patients ... one with advanced COVID, and one with a recent heart attack or stroke?

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post