well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Tony Bennett has Alzheimer's

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tony Bennett has Alzheimer's
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Tony Bennett's Battle With Alzheimer's

For four years, the legendary singer and his family have kept his secret. Now, they're breaking their silence

https://www.aarp.org/entertain...nett-alzheimers.html

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37976 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
I had seen the interview with his wife, Susan, on CBS and had been anticipating reading the story in the AARP magazine when it arrived at my mail box. Now I don't have to wait.

It is a true blessing that he has such supportive people in his life at this point in time and also an apparent blessing that his career as a musician seems to be paying some not necessarily expected rewards at this point in his life.

I was very much impressed with his wife's attitude in the interview. God grant that we would all have such support in affliction.

One thought that crossed my mind listening to the interview was how the Alzheimer diagnosis seems to carry a stigma. A cancer diagnosis used to have such a stigma, but things have changed there. Perhaps it's because there are some hopeful treatments available for cancer and so a diagnosis is not an ultimate death sentence. I don't know. But I hope that Alzheimer's will lose that stigma and be recognized as a condition of living, not just dieing, so we can learn how to share time with patients. I was also impressed with how Lady Gaga was able to work with Tony Bennett in recent years. I admire her more and more as a person, not just a performer or celebrity.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7420 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Agree 100% with big al's post. Also, big al, you might enjoy the documentary about Lady Gaga. I think it's on Netflix. I hadn't realized that she is an itty-bitty person, and has suffered from chronic pain for quite some time...fibromyalgia? Not sure.

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear this. I'm not a fan of his particularly but know he means a lot to many generally. I echo everyone's sentiments about Lady Gaga.

Posts: 24753 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
He’s retiring; he just turned 95.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/u...tors-orders-n1276742

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37976 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12559 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Just realized he is five months younger than my father would be if he were around today.

The WWII generation will be gone soon.

Posts: 12559 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
That's a very sweet video. It's amazing how young he looks....and how well he still sings...

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
60 Minutes segment last night. Do yourself a favor and take 14 minutes to watch this.

I promise it will be the best thing that happens to you today.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/t...-minutes-2021-10-03/

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
That was amazing.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20468 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Very nice. GaGa continues to impress.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34981 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I just ordered their new album Love For Sale. I play their first album (Cheek to Cheek) all the time....I so love the Great American Songbook.....

Lady Gaga has uploaded the songs on her YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/LadyGaga/videos

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Tonight.

quote:
Spend time with the multi-Grammy nominated artists Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett this Thanksgiving weekend as their special is aired on TV and online.

One Last Time: An Evening with Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga is coming to our screens soon—and is officially Bennett's final concert appearance before his retirement.

It was filmed over two nights at the Radio City Music Hall in early August this year as part of his 95th birthday celebrations. Earlier this week the pair received six Grammy nominations for their accompanying album 'Love For Sale'.

quote:
How to watch One Last Time
One Last Time: An Evening with Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga will air on CBS as well as streaming on Paramount+.

The special will air on Sunday, November 28 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CBS.

https://www.newsweek.com/lady-...h-online-cbs-1653464

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Tony and Lady Gaga were amazing.

Yes

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Tony and Lady Gaga were amazing.

Yes

Great show.

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17685 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post