well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Gunmen attack concert venue

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gunmen attack concert venue
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
In Moscow

At least four of them. Building now on fire.

Posts: 12527 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Sad state of affairs...after my first thought, which was "how awful", my second thought was "did Putin order this and will he blame the Ukrainians?"

Frowner

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37870 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Lots of folks are talking "false flag" without any other information. Just how do you get "your own troops" to walk into a public place and start ruthlessly shooting down random people. Even a hitman would balk at that task. They're professional.

The best trained people would naturally rebel at having their "talents" so perverted. Weakly trained people would be much less competent at the task. These guys seemed to know what they were doing, and they seem not to be suicide types.

I have no idea what to think.

Posts: 12527 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
That "false flag" was the first thing that popped into my head says way more about what I think of Putin than it does about what actually might have happened.

i don't know what to think about what really occurred either.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37870 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
ISIS claiming responsibility.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
That makes much more sense.

It's important that we followed the "duty to warn" and gave this information to the Russians two weeks ago. We knew, or had some strong evidence, that an attack was imminent. I remember the warning going out.

Putin is completely silent now. Mart Hertling suggests that he is embarrassed. This is a deep problem for him, that the US warned Russia and Putin either did nothing, or COULD do nothing. Maybe Russians will take note.

Erin Burnett (CNN) Interview

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I am reminded of Putin’s staged Chechen attacks early on. Look for even more bloody repression in the RF.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13546 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
From the Moscow Times, FWIW...

https://www.themoscowtimes.com...tack-suspects-a84592

Ya have to wonder if it's not a case of...

See, I was pretty sure he'd try to work Ukraine into this:

quote:
Putin claimed the assailants had been apprehended on their way to Ukraine, “where early reports indicate that a window had been prepared to cross the international border.”

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Three more people in custody, two brothers and a father. One of the brothers sold his car a week before the attack; it was used as a getaway car.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com...t-hall-attack-a84624

Bazootiehead-in-training