well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Shopping

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shopping
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Heat wave here (I think it's 16) so we popped over to Costco. Picked up my new glasses (I can see!!) and also some items that were on our list.

As usual, we stumbled upon something new. Almond Florentines with drizzled chocolate.

https://www.mashed.com/1479041...-florentine-cookies/

Came home and tried one with my cup of tea. I loved it, but I'm a total fan of lace cookies like these. Mr wtg was "it's ok, but not at the top of my list".

No problem. I can eat the other 14 in no time flat...

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37954 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I wanted to buy some fresh chicken livers to make for dinner and a treat for the dog. Mariano's (our Kroger store) doesn't carry them, except during the holidays.

What is the world coming to? What do they do with the livers from all those chickens? I want answers. And I also want chicken livers.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37954 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
I wanted to buy some fresh chicken livers to make for dinner and a treat for the dog. Mariano's (our Kroger store) doesn't carry them, except during the holidays.

What is the world coming to? What do they do with the livers from all those chickens? I want answers. And I also want chicken livers.

When I last bought a whole chicken, it said that it had giblets. No giblets. Bah!

We haven’t been eating much meat the past couple years, and I was all excited to have soy sauce chicken, a whole one. Oh well, the rest of it was delicious anyway.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9801 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:

Cat food. Just sayin’.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Those almond florentines sound good, and I’m due for a trip to Costco.

Posts: 45750 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Got a two-pack of Rao's Calabrian Chili sauce at Costco. Limited edition pasta sauce...lol...

https://www.raos.com/products/...brian-chili-marinara

We like most all of the Rao's sauces, so we're looking forward to trying this one.

Bazootiehead-in-training