well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Why can't I edit a post?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why can't I edit a post?
 Login/Join

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted
WTF happened to the edit function?

I started wording a response one way, and then made a change but hit the "Post Now" button prematurely.

Now I cannot edit it and it reads hooribly.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The function is still there, but the icon is invisible. Just hover your cursor over the general area where the icon should be, and you'll see "Reply with Quote" or "Edit or Delete Message" or "Report Post"

It's an ongoing problem with not being able to see icons and emojis. And the problem doesn't occur for all browsers or platforms.

I have no clue why it's happening and don't see a solution forthcoming.

Other discussion:

https://well-temperedforum.gro...603906897#4603906897

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37970 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

So sick of incompetent programmers while I cannot even get a freaking interview.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I hear you, markj. Also does anyone even TEST their software now before releasing it?

Mad

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markj:
Thank you!

So sick of incompetent programmers while I cannot even get a freaking interview.

Amen, brother.

Amen.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34978 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
I hear you, markj. Also does anyone even TEST their software now before releasing it?

Mad

Not very well. I see a lot of horrible stuff get through. There is very little thought given to the wide range of things a user might be expected to actually do, most of which are wrong but still need to be addressed in the software.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13564 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I'm beta testing a new piano tuning app...

The developer is really responsive, so I was able to get most everything I've wanted. Now the challenge has been to make it easier to use for newbies!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7557 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Interesting!

Posts: 24735 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post