well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Halo Bolt car jump starter/battery pack - amazon deal of the day

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Halo Bolt car jump starter/battery pack - amazon deal of the day
 Login/Join

Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted
Pretty sure I've posted about this thing before, but it happens to be the deal of the day at amazon and is about 25% off. I've been waiting for a deal to buy another one and I just did.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's like a portable charger, but has a regular household outlet plug in addition to usb ports so you can run a laptop from it. It holds a lot of charge and stays charged for a long time even just sitting in a car glovebox. And the coolest thing is that it jump starts the car. It has little mini jumper cables that come with it and it works amazingly well - read on for the tale:

We bought one for LL#1 last Prime Day, kind of on a whim to use up some amazon credit. She charged it and put it in her glovebox and I completely forgot about it. LL#1 flew home a few months ago and when she flew back into the Cincinnati airport, her flight arrived late, the parking lot was deserted, and the car wouldn't start. She is not at all handy and really not very capable at adulting yet, but she remembered that this thing was in her glovebox and was able to open the manual, read and follow the instructions, hook up the cables (up to this point, I doubt she had ever looked under her hood before) and the car started in one try. That's when I decided I wanted one in my car too and have just been waiting for a sale. I plan to get one for LL#2 eventually as well - hopefully there's a Black Friday deal!

Posts: 4406 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for the heads up, Lisa. I just ordered one. Comes in a bunch of colors; some are at the $75 sale price, others are full price.

I looked it up on camelcamelcamel and the only time they show it was cheaper was on December 1, 2020, when it was priced at $60.

topic drift.....There were multiple delivery options available to me. Either morning or afternoon today (two separate time windows), tomorrow, or regular delivery in a couple of days.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37955 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post