well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    House pics that make you wonder about the owners

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

House pics that make you wonder about the owners
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Hmmmm....

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37942 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18528 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'm not getting something. What's to wonder about?

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7413 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The rather industrial-looking white table next to the door. From what I can see, the height can be adjusted with a foot pedal. I don't want to hazard a guess as to what it was originally used for.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37942 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Our third floor has a ceiling that slants inward around halfway up the wall, and even there I bump my head every now and then.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Apparently I have a more macabre imagination than y'all...I think that table might be a vintage embalming table... Eeker

Bazootiehead-in-training

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Apparently I have a more macabre imagination than y'all...I think that table might be a vintage embalming table... Eeker

That was my thought too!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9801 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:

I doubt that it is an embalming table, based both on its size and the lack of a raised lip around the edge to retain fluids. It could possibly be some sort of examination table, perhaps for pediatric patients.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7413 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Qaanaaq-Liaaq
posted Hide Post
The white table could be a veterinary examination table.

The owner might be using the room as a makeshift gym or just a storage room. Notice what looks like barbells in the lower left corner of the photo. There’s a table sort of like the white table in my health club but it’s padded for people to lie down on. Physical trainers use it for their clients.

Posts: 1411 | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
For some reason, I can't see any picture. Just a little blue square with a white question mark in it.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
P*D, that happens to me occasionally but it usually self-corrects. You can also do a right click and "open image in new tab" if you're on a Windows device. It might work. Or try looking at WTF on your phone.

It's our ancient forum software...I have no idea what's going on. I just keep trying to find workarounds.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Big Al, I thought I saw a raised edge around three sides.
From the photo it looks like there's some piece missing on the fourth side; it looks like there is something that might have slid in.

I hadn't considered its length.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
I also think the table is a veterinary table. If it has a raised lip, that may indicate an embalming table. I don't want to post why I think that.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25712 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Looks like Q-L and Chas win the prize....runner-up is Big Al...

https://shor-line.com/professi...nary/surgery-tables/

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Eww...

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post