well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Anybody ever consider donating their remains to science?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody ever consider donating their remains to science?
 Login/Join

Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:As I'm typing this, I'm unaware of any major religion that discourages organ donation, so I assume donating your entire body is also A-OK.

Hasidic (at least many of them) and perhaps some other flavors of Jews consider it to be contrary to Jewish burial law.

Think of those sects that send teams out to accident scenes with tweezers to collect tissue fragments. They aren’t donating organs.

I know cremation, embalming, and autopsy are violations of Jewish law (or so I hear, I'm no authority), so it would make sense that any kind of dismemberment would be also against Jewish law.

Observant Jews are buried in plain pine boxes with the idea that their remains will become a part of the earth.

Mennonites also do plain pine box with no embalming but the church has stated that donating organs or ones body is a personal decision.

--------------------------------
"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4092 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post