well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Russian media cracks

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Russian media cracks
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
This is absolutely fascinating. Posted by Associated Press reporter Ken Sweet.

Russian Media roundtable discussion

Russian viewers actually got to hear a diversity of views, from the idiot fascists who slobber all over Putin to the guy(s) who will surely be under arrest shortly for speaking about Russian folly in planning the war and in delegitimizing Ukrainian identity. The facade of unity clearly has serious cracks.

Posts: 12559 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Heads will roll.
Diversity is a threat to authoritarians everywhere.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25726 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
A tweet

Kev
@djkevyb68
·
13h
Replying to
@shaunwalker7
Nadezhdin is on there for a reason now, softening up the populace as things deteriorate further. Even with him being attacked, the people will begin to hear uncomfortable truths.

Posts: 25726 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Krishna Kumar
@krishnaku
·
11h
Replying to
@shaunwalker7
and
@sfmnemonic
When Russian state TV is more clear eyed and honest than the Russian propaganda on
@FoxNews
we know we have a real problem in this country. I wonder when Tucker Carlson will get his revised marching orders. That should be a great tell.

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
A tweet

Kev
@djkevyb68
·
13h
Replying to
@shaunwalker7
Nadezhdin is on there for a reason now, softening up the populace as things deteriorate further. Even with him being attacked, the people will begin to hear uncomfortable truths.

That suggests planning, and someone on top pulling these strings. I favor a simpler explanation that doesn't follow in the usual "conspiratorial Russian mind" mode.

How about Boris Nadezhdin is just fed up and taking a risk. Calculated, and softened by not directly blaming Putin in particular. Still, he doesn't want to go near any sixth floor windows for a while.

Posts: 12559 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
quote:
A tweet

Kev
@djkevyb68
·
13h
Replying to
@shaunwalker7

That suggests planning, and someone on top pulling these strings. I favor a simpler explanation that doesn't follow in the usual "conspiratorial Russian mind" mode.

How about Boris Nadezhdin is just fed up and taking a risk. Calculated, and softened by not directly blaming Putin in particular. Still, he doesn't want to go near any sixth floor windows for a while.

Hope you are correct about Boris. That might indicate that their are more like him.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
RT, Putin’s conspiracy machine.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news...source=pocket-newtab

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37975 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Whenever I'm contacted by "journalists" in China or the middle east I do some homework to assess whether the folks at the other end pass muster as real journalists, and whether I'm likely to be set up as the punching bag for the predigested pap that often appears as "news" in these places.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
quote:
A tweet

Kev
@djkevyb68
·
13h
Replying to
@shaunwalker7

Hope you are correct about Boris. That might indicate that there are more like him.
Edited Smiler

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
"“We, the municipal deputies of Russia, believe that the actions of its president Vladimir Putin are detrimental to Russia’s and its citizens’ future. We demand Vladimir Putin's resignation from the post of the President of the Russian Federation,” said the petition posted by Ksenia Thorstrom, a local deputy of the Semenovsky District in Saint Petersburg."
https://www.cnn.com/europe/liv...678d4adeb8a2a1e12d6e