well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Marjorie Taylor Greene
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marjorie Taylor Greene
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Republicans removed Steve King

... from all of his committee assignments for his supremacist utterances. Marjorie Greene they wouldn't touch, despite talk of killing the Democratic leadership. They wouldn't take out their own garbage.

why? I-1 of course. This is what the GOP has become.

Precedent? Well, maybe ... if the next time the GOP wins they are still in thrall to supremacists and the Trumpist base. In that case democracy in the US is quite likely dead. They'll just go ahead and shoot the Democrats if they don't just shut down the process completely.

But what if the grip of Trump has loosened by then? In that case, I seriously doubt the GOP leadership would want to up the ante any further by trying to equate AOC with Greene and King.

Posts: 12758 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
P*D, you remind me of my mother who, no matter how crazy things got, would always say "cooler heads will prevail".

The last five years really made me question that. And even with Biden in the White House and a sliver of a Democratic majority in Congress, the crazies are still running amok.

I hope the grip of I-1 has loosened slightly, but Americans tend to have a very short memory. Hey, we've pretty much (in the Soviet sense) rehabilitated W. I think in a couple years, republicans will be saying, I-1 wasn't so bad... if not re-elect him, maybe one of his spawn.

My take, however simple or naïve it may be, is that the majority of republicans are afraid of I-1 and always will be. He just announced he is going on a national tour of petty vindictiveness and holding rallies to denounce every republican that voted to impeach him. He still has a stranglehold on the party (or maybe a more salient analogy is that the party is lying on the ground and I-1 has his knee on its neck while it gasps "I can't breathe").

As long as he's around, he will be fomenting this carp.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30040 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I am most likely in a fantasy world, but my hope is that the more moderate GOP exists, and have been totally drowned out by the Trumpers/Tea Party. I know several lifelong Republicans who stayed home rather than vote for Trump in the election. One of them mentioned after Jan 6th that they wished they had voted for Biden.

I don't mean to minimize the danger of the Trumpist movement at all. But I am honestly curious how many of them there are, as a percentage of the total population, even the total registered voters. I'd love to see some numbers about how that may have shifted since January 6th.

That said, I think the Dems are in danger of overreaching, just as the GOP have done. That appears to be human nature.

Two books that kept resonating for me over the past 4 years have been Rise and Fall of the Third Reich and Brand's biography of Andrew Jackson. If you haven't read the latter, I highly recommend it. Both have parallels in the current political climate. Shoot me for the Godwin reference... LOL

Posts: 35428 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
As long as he's around, he will be fomenting this carp.

Right, but the more he does this, and the more the GOP descends into obvious lunacy, the less likely they are to retake the full levers of power.

Keep in mind that the GOP hold on the presidency, the Senate, the House, and state legislatures all declined over the past four years. Yes, the GOP recovered a bit in the House after the blue wave of 2018. But the GOP's embrace of Trumpism hasn't exactly been good at the ballot box overall and the trends aren't moving in their direction.

Posts: 12758 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Several states with republican legislatures and governors are working on severe voter suppression laws.

Voting does remain one of the few paths to calming the crazy, but the crazies are trying hard to reduce the power of an election.

The definition of terrorism is an act by one or a few people that has a disproportionately large effect by instilling fear. The groups that invaded the U.S. Capitol were a small percentage of the U.S. population, but they wielded outsized leverage on their target - U.S. democracy. And they were very close to being successful.

People were also terrorizing voters at polling places across the country on November 3, 2020.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I don't disagree at all with classifying the Jan 6th people as terrorists.

IMO, a huge part of this will go away if we can address jerrymandering. My hope is that it's something that this administration can address, though I don't know the legal issues in doing so.

Posts: 35428 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Green with cardboard Trump
Watch her rub the cardboard crotch.

This needs to be run on every news show.
MTG needs a lot of publicity as the face of the Republican party through 2024.
Maybe the Dems should let her hang herself.
Removal from committees makes her less able to influence legislature, which is good thing.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25850 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Here is a good analysis of MTG’s non-apology. Poor thing. She is a victim.

https://slate.com/news-and-pol...s-media-new-way.html

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
Green with cardboard Trump
Watch her rub the cardboard crotch.

HairRaising

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35083 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I honestly don't know what to do with these blowhards, with MTG being the latest to grab the microphone.

Do you continue to give them airtime, potentially firing up their base but also showing others how completely crazy and potentially dangerous they are? Or do you just stop reporting on their ravings?

That cardboard cutout thing is beyond creepy.