well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Marjorie Taylor Greene
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marjorie Taylor Greene
 Login/Join

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
The current censure / committee removal voting for Liz Cheney and MTG will be interesting, and it will cause the GOP to get off the freaking fence.

McConnell has already defended Cheney, and not MTG. Mitch is hoping to hold the "regular" GOP together. But people will have to go on record: support Cheney or support MTG. It's not clear to me that it's possible to win on this one.

Support Cheney - Trumpers go bananas
Support MTG - non-Trump GOP and Dems go bananas
Support both - inconsistent to the core, and it doesn't help avoid one or the other group going bananas
Support neither - the cowards way out, and again it doesn't help you avoid being slammed

Interesting times.

Posts: 35428 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
This lady has broken no laws and was duly elected to a two year term.

We need to learn to ignore and move on.

Posts: 19832 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
I read that most Democrats do *not* want her booted from her seat. Yes, removed from committees which renders her mostly impotent. But not removed from Congress. Let her continue to rant and rave and Democrats can point to her and say that this is what the republican party has become.

The unfortunate part is that there is a significant number of republicans who support her completely. She is their surrogate for I-1....

I quite agree.

The more she makes that whole contingent look bizarre to enough Dems and to the remaining GOP, the better.

The more they will be forced to confront the fact that they are in the minority. However much ammo they have and however many millions of votes they did get, they are not the future of either their own party or the country.

And if they forge ahead as Trump has suggested, with a third party, they can't help fracturing the GOP.

To Cindy, as far as her "not breaking any laws" I HAVE heard (wishing I had some good links) that she has encouraged violence - death - against DEM leaders. Isn't this the kind of talk that's being used to argue for a Trump impeachment?

How is she not urging for the country as the Constitution describes it, to be overthrown if only a few assassinations at a time?

Not that she has as much influence as Trump did, which is why I'd just as soon she stay in office to make them look spooky and marginalized.

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
The House voted Thursday to strip Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., of her committee assignments as punishment for a laundry list of extreme views and conspiracy theories she promoted before taking office.

The vote passed by a margin of 230-199, with a handful of Republicans siding with the Democratic majority. No Democrats voted against the resolution.

quote:
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., had hoped to avoid the vote, which forced Republicans to take an on-the-record stance on the resolution aimed at condemning Greene’s conduct.

While few if any GOP members had openly defended Greene’s most controversial remarks — such as reportedly indicating support for executing top Democrats — some Republicans had argued against the process, warning that Democrats’ efforts to censure Greene would set a dangerous precedent. Other Republicans opted to attack Democrats for refusing to censure their own members who have made incendiary statements in the past.

But Democrats maintain that Greene’s conduct puts her in a category of her own, requiring her removal from the Budget Committee and the Committee on Education and Labor.

“When a person encourages talk about shooting a member in the head, they should lose the right to serve on any committee,” Rules Chairman Jim McGovern, D-Mass., said Wednesday before his committee approved the resolution to kick Greene off the committees.

“If this isn’t the bottom line, I don’t know where the hell the bottom line is,” McGovern said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/0...from-committees.html

Talk about a lose-lose situation for the Dems...

When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden - Minnie Aumônier

Posts: 38215 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:

Real conservatives disagree ...

Kevin McCarthy is Now Our Most Disgraceful Political Leader

Precisely because he, like most Republicans, refuse to make a very basic moral choice.

Posts: 12758 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Dems take it out of McCarthy's trembling hands

Eleven Republicans cross over in support.

Greene removed from committees.

Posts: 12758 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
WTG, why do you think this a lose lose for Democrats?

She wasn’t removed for holding Conservative views, she was removed because she’s crazy. The job had to be done and they did it.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35084 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:

She wasn’t removed for holding Conservative views, she was removed because she’s crazy. The job had to be done and they did it.

quote:

"Crazy" maybe - depends on how you define it. I was always fascinated studying clinical psych by the emphasis on "insanity" (using fancy terms) only being properly defined as mental illness when the "sufferer "(as it were) was alone in his/her aberrant belief systems.

Maybe in the case of "Folie à Deux" it could be shared by two, but after that it starts to become literally "normal" within a consonant group. I was so interested, I went on to focus on abnormality and deviance in terms of social context. In fact, I was on my way to writing my PhD dissertation on one such phenomenon when I dropped out of the program.

I remember class discussions on how psychotic phenomena were not considered aberrant in societies where persons exhibiting such symptoms [sic] were not only viewed as sane but visionary or prophetic. (As a single example.) Some time I may describe my proposed dissertation topic - for now, I'll just say it wouldn't have made me popular in Israel (in fact, it might have made me infamous...)

Meanwhile, I'll just repeat my agreement with PJ - how disconcerting it is that she's part of a very large population group who share her beliefs.

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:

Ahh.... No.

This woman is nuttier than squirrel sh!t and everyone knows it. It’s time to stop coddling these kooks snd get on with the business of responsible government.

You make allowances as you like. I’m done with it.

Posts: 35084 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
I read that most Democrats do *not* want her booted from her seat. Yes, removed from committees which renders her mostly impotent. But not removed from Congress. Let her continue to rant and rave and Democrats can point to her and say that this is what the republican party has become.

The unfortunate part is that there is a significant number of republicans who support her completely. She is their surrogate for I-1.

After all, she did win her election handily in bright red northern Georgia.

I don’t care. Shuffle her off to a corner and ignore her. I have no interest in what her constituents think.

We’ve got governing to do.

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
You know that there was cause for her removal by the majority.

You also know that the Republicans are likely to use this as precedence to remove a Democrat for no cause when they are the majority....

You heard it here first.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7602 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
You know that there was cause for her removal by the majority.

You also know that the Republicans are likely to use this as precedence to remove a Democrat for no cause when they are the majority....

You heard it here first.

DON'T remind me of that future eventuality please, Ron!
Not yet.

(But re the first point, I thought many Republicans also favored her removal - and no wonder. The sane ones don't like the way she makes their party look.)

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
There are people who think AOC and The Squad are crazy.

There are people who thought MLK was crazy.

I think this is a dangerous precedent. Even though many find her views repugnant, this is a democracy and she was duly elected. So far as I know, she has done nothing as a sitting Congressperson that violated her oath of office. I do not think the votes of whoever voted for her should be disregarded.

What message are we trying to send here? In addition to the requirements needed to be elected to Congress (age, residency, not having been barred by impeachment), is there now a litmus test that one's views must not be stupid or offensive?

I don't care if she was spouting "Send 'em back to Africa" racist nonsense, if she can get elected, she should be treated like anyone else until she violates her oath of office or commits a crime.

Posts: 19832 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Cindy, we’re talking about Jewish space lasers.

Just stop it.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:
quote:

quote:

"Crazy" maybe - depends on how you define it. I was always fascinated studying clinical psych by the emphasis on "insanity" (using fancy terms) only being properly defined as mental illness when the "sufferer "(as it were) was alone in his/her aberrant belief systems.

Maybe in the case of "Folie à Deux" it could be shared by two, but after that it starts to become literally "normal" within a consonant group. I was so interested, I went on to focus on abnormality and deviance in terms of social context. In fact, I was on my way to writing my PhD dissertation on one such phenomenon when I dropped out of the program.

I remember class discussions on how psychotic phenomena were not considered aberrant in societies where persons exhibiting such symptoms [sic] were not only viewed as sane but visionary or prophetic. (As a single example.) Some time I may describe my proposed dissertation topic - for now, I'll just say it wouldn't have made me popular in Israel (in fact, it might have made me infamous...)

Meanwhile, I'll just repeat my agreement with PJ - how disconcerting it is that she's part of a very large population group who share her beliefs.

With all due respect, crazy in this case is not in how you define it. This woman is batshit insane and I do wish everyone would stop giving her a pass.

Sandy hook was not a false flag operation. There are no Jewish space lasers. This woman is as crazy as a sh!thouse rat and her constituents are as well.

Stop it. Just stop it. She deserves no consideration and neither do her idiot constituents. Silence her, marginalize her. Better yet institutionalize her.

We have work to do and this lunatic is in the way.