well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Happy birthday, Mik!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy birthday, Mik!
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Yep, both red and white. Sometimes a blend of both.

Well, birthday dinner not grilled, went with Pasta Amatriciana, my favorite red sauce.

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13564 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday! Smiler

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
I also have to buy him a bottle of some kind of pastis. He's recovering from hip replacement surgery and he loves anise-flavored stuff. It'll be a surprise treat for him. Yes

If you and the Mr. are cool with it I'd like to hear how the recovery from hip replacement is going. Sharon is due to have it done some time in November.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34976 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Happy to share; I'll start a separate thread. There may be some other folks who chime in.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37961 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Chicken casserole recipe?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34976 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Raspberry Ricotta recipe?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37961 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
https://www.bonappetit.com/rec...spberry-ricotta-cake

I will dig up the casserole recipe. Posted it next door but the picture doesn't show up.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
thanks for the recipe....

I went to Binny's today and bought a bottle of the Delas Ventoux you recommended. Wine dude also mentioned Delas Cotes du Rhone for a buck more and said it was great but they're sold out.

https://www.binnys.com/968765.html

I checked the stores around here and it's basically sold out except for a few bottles at a store that's farther away than I want to travel. Just wanted to mention it and see if you had tried it....(for future reference)....

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
No, but I also ordered a couple cases of it. My guy in Champaign said the Ventoux was a little better.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Interesting and confusing.

The guy here said he preferred the Cotes du Rhone but that both were good. And he said he wasn't sure if they'd get more in.

I actually tried ordering some from a store that's about a half hour away because the online inventory said they had six bottles of the Cotes du Rhone. They contacted me and said their store has none in stock, their distributor is out, and that they might get some in next month. I was waiting for a response to see if they'd honor the sale price if I ordered it now. I'm assuming they did for you....

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Yah. I ordered it the middle of July, picked it up 8/10. But I’m a frequent flyer there.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Lincolnwood has six bottles of the Cotes du Rhone that they're holding for me until tomorrow. I bought some of the Vendoux already.

Mr WTG can only have a few sips (alcohol is a blood thinner and he's already on one because of his hip surgery) and my liver enzymes are high right now because I managed to get Lyme disease, but we'll do a mini-tasting soon and see what we think. We're such a pathetic twosome....

Thanks again for the heads up; you're my Booze Guru.... ThumbsUp

Bazootiehead-in-training