well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Election Called for Biden
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Election Called for Biden
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
They know they don't have proof.

That's why, in Pennsylvania, when the judge insisted that the lawyer answer whether Trump had observers in the room, the lawyer answered that he had a "non-zero" number of observers in the room.

Once a lawyer does that kind of tap dancing, a judge will never again trust anything that lawyer says.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
.. and the lawyer somehow thought that was a better and wiser answer than, "yes, your honor."

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Jr. calls for "total war"

Arizona media not happy.

Jr is dumber and Eric is dumberer

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
What it takes to mount a legal battle. And he's figuring out he doesn't have the people.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/06...egal-team/index.html

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Mrs pj just got some spam with a plea for money for I-1’s “election defense fund”. In the fine print it said that up to 50% of the money would go toward paying off his campaign debt.

How much do you think we should send?

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
The two boys are fanning the flames; the daughter just says count the legal ballots.

Man. How on earth did Trump lose this thing? It was such a layup.

The economy is churning, then there's a pandemic. All you have to do is pretend to be a leader and pretend to care for seven months. You know, furrow your brow, look down and bite your lower lip, wipe away a tear if you can conjure one up. Watch any Hollywood movie with an actor playing a president if you need a visual. Practice in the mirror if that helps. Travel the country meeting with local officials to personally express your concern. Have your picture taken with incoming loads of PPE. You're supposed to be a marketing genius, so come up with some snazzy slogan to name the fight and plaster it on masks that you provide free at personal expense because you're so concerned for the welfare of the American people.

But noooo. For reasons I will never, ever understand, Trump chose to focus only on one thing: the economy. But the economy didn't matter. Everyone knows if you can whip the virus, the economy will take care of itself eventually.

I've never seen someone self-destruct so hard before.

You nailed it.

The embellished version:

https://www.politico.com/news/...-2020-undoing-434716

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
Mrs pj just got some spam with a plea for money for I-1’s “election defense fund”. In the fine print it said that up to 50% of the money would go toward paying off his campaign debt.

Zero? Non-zero? Like maybe one penny? They’d have to pay the fees on that transaction, right?

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:

Here's some info to help you make your decision:

https://www.detroitnews.com/st...president/114862096/

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
When you've lost John Yoo....

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/1...oncede-john-yoo.html

Bazootiehead-in-training