well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Election Called for Biden
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Election Called for Biden
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted
The Decision Desk has called the entire election for Biden:

https://twitter.com/DecisionDe.../1324710866516905984

quote:
Decision Desk HQ projects that
@JoeBiden has won Pennsylvania and its 20 electoral college votes for a total of 273.

Joe Biden has been elected the 46th President of the United States of America.

Race called at 11-06 08:50 AM EST'

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12695 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I think everybody else is going to let things play out and wait to call it.

But things certainly seem to be moving pretty definitively in Biden's direction.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37970 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Holy crap. I was just taking a tennis lesson, and about 10 minutes ago 3 helicopters flew over us very low headed North. Maybe trump is fleeing the country.

Bi-den.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
CNN just reported that a defensive airspace is being set up over Biden's house. Could that be what you heard?

Though the thought of Trump fleeing the country.....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37970 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think everybody else is going to let things play out and wait to call it.

Yeah, very few news agencies are calling it yet

But also yes, it looks very, very good!!!

And Cindy, I read about "airspace over Biden's house" too!

Woot!!!

(well, ok, Trump fleeing the country would also be good...

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18577 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
No, this wasn't defensive airspace. These were headed north over Bethesda, toward Rockville. Camp David, maybe?

I think I mentioned I started following Trump on Twitter, and I started following his kids today. I wanted to get some idea of what they're saying and planning.

They are posting lots of things that Twitter is flagging as false. Like, they claim a whole postal truck full of ballots was caught trying to flee to Canada.

And they are saying that a lot of ballots with Trump's name on them have been found in ditches and suchlike.

Boy, that is awful! They should definitely show us all those ballots. We have a right to see them, and the Trump family should stop hiding all the evidence they have of fraud.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
No, this wasn't defensive airspace. These were headed north over Bethesda, toward Rockville. Camp David, maybe?

I think I mentioned I started following Trump on Twitter, and I started following his kids today. I wanted to get some idea of what they're saying and planning.

They are posting lots of things that Twitter is flagging as false. Like, they claim a whole postal truck full of ballots was caught trying to flee to Canada.

And they are saying that a lot of ballots with Trump's name on them have been found in ditches and suchlike.

Boy, that is awful! They should definitely show us all those ballots. We have a right to see them, and the Trump family should stop hiding all the evidence they have of fraud.

One of the sh!thead spawn was seemingly calling for violence.

Posts: 12549 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:

One of the sh!thead spawn was seemingly calling for violence.

Which one?

Posts: 24732 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
The two boys are fanning the flames; the daughter just says count the legal ballots.

Man. How on earth did Trump lose this thing? It was such a layup.

The economy is churning, then there's a pandemic. All you have to do is pretend to be a leader and pretend to care for seven months. You know, furrow your brow, look down and bite your lower lip, wipe away a tear if you can conjure one up. Watch any Hollywood movie with an actor playing a president if you need a visual. Practice in the mirror if that helps. Travel the country meeting with local officials to personally express your concern. Have your picture taken with incoming loads of PPE. You're supposed to be a marketing genius, so come up with some snazzy slogan to name the fight and plaster it on masks that you provide free at personal expense because you're so concerned for the welfare of the American people.

But noooo. For reasons I will never, ever understand, Trump chose to focus only on one thing: the economy. But the economy didn't matter. Everyone knows if you can whip the virus, the economy will take care of itself eventually.

I've never seen someone self-destruct so hard before.

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Jr. calls for "total war"

Arizona media not happy.

Posts: 12549 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Another awesome post by Cindy.

quote:
The two boys are fanning the flames; the daughter just says count the legal ballots.

Man. How on earth did Trump lose this thing? It was such a layup.

The economy is churning, then there's a pandemic. All you have to do is pretend to be a leader and pretend to care for seven months. You know, furrow your brow, look down and bite your lower lip, wipe away a tear if you can conjure one up. Watch any Hollywood movie with an actor playing a president if you need a visual. Practice in the mirror if that helps. Travel the country meeting with local officials to personally express your concern. Have your picture taken with incoming loads of PPE. You're supposed to be a marketing genius, so come up with some snazzy slogan to name the fight and plaster it on masks that you provide free at personal expense because you're so concerned for the welfare of the American people.

But noooo. For reasons I will never, ever understand, Trump chose to focus only on one thing: the economy. But the economy didn't matter. Everyone knows if you can whip the virus, the economy will take care of itself eventually.

I've never seen someone self-destruct so hard before.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33801 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
This is why I'm not relaxing quite yet.

https://www.wlns.com/news/mich...sed-in-mid-michigan/

Bazootiehead-in-training

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
they claim a whole postal truck full of ballots was caught trying to flee to Canada

Written by someone who hasn't tried to cross the border into Canada recently.... ROTFLMAO

The Arizona thing is really disturbing.

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
This is why I'm not relaxing quite yet.

https://www.wlns.com/news/mich...sed-in-mid-michigan?/

And here's another apparent problem with vote counting in Michigan. Frowner

Ballots backdating in Michigan?

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
OK, this is some slipshod legal work.

This lawsuit was filed because someone claimed that a poll worker said they should change the date on some mail-in ballots. [Note: I don't even know how you would do that because the date is a post-mark, as there is no "date" if you drop it off.]

LANSING — A Michigan judge on Thursday rejected President Donald Trump’s attempt to halt absentee ballot counting in the state, dismissing his campaign’s primary piece of evidence as “hearsay” and telling attorneys there is “no basis” to believe their lawsuit could succeed.

The Trump campaign filed the complaint Wednesday, but Court of Claims Judge Cynthia Stephens said she could not consider it then because it did not include an affidavit of allegations or a request for a temporary restraining order, which would have been required for her to act.

By the time Stephens ruled from the bench Thursday afternoon, the suit was effectively moot because local clerks had already finished counting all absentee ballots in Michigan, which Trump lost to Democratic challenger Joe Biden by nearly 150,000 votes, according to unofficial results.

What, are they using interns to do this work? If you're making a factual allegation upon which you want the court to act, you need proof or at least someone to swear under penalty of perjury that the thing you're complaining about occurred.

And failing to make a request for a temporary restraining order when you're asking that someone be temporarily restrained? Wow.