well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    For AdagioM

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For AdagioM
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted
Bride spent 200 hours knitting her own wedding dress.

I would add that it's a lovely piece of work. The lady seems to be Finland's AdagioM.

Big Al

--------------------------------
Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7411 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
That was fun to watch, and very touching at the end. I especially loved the wedding music composed by her father! What a very creative family.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Wow! I didn't watch but read the article. Very lovely outcome!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18520 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I haven’t watched the video yet, but the article was impressive! That’s a lot of work, and it came out well.

Back in 2009/2011 at one of the Sock Summit retreats, there was a young woman knitting her wedding veil. She had lots of people knit on it; she wanted it to be a community project with lots of knitterly love in it. She did finish, and get married wearing it! I can’t remember her name/blog now.

A veil would be much less stressful!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post