well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Just got back from

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just got back from
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted
Iceland!

We booked one of those advertised trips with Iceland air which included hotel and 3 experiences in addition to the Blue Lagoon straight from the airport.

We chose the following:

1. Circle bus tour (8hrs)
2. Lava show
3. Northern lights cruise (2 hrs)

What a trip! We got lucky with the weather - sunshine most days, temps between 20ish and 30ish. Our outgoing flight was delayed about 3 hours with the crazy storms in Chicago. (see WTG's other thread)

We never would've booked a bus tour on our own but really enjoyed the informative display of different features not far from Reykjavik.

The food and people was wonderful - the breakfast buffet at the hotel was amazing with the spread of food.

We managed to experience the Blue Lagoon between closings due to volcanic events. We drove in on a new road made right over a lava flow...

Booked our own visit to Sky Lagoon not far from town for stunning sunset views.

Didn't get to ride the horses, or go on a glacier experience or many other things available.

Maybe if I figure out how to post an album of pictures.... (any suggestions?)

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great trip!

I use https://postimg.cc/ to host images. You can sign-up for free and use it for free too. Create albums, etc.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Wow, that sounds amazing!

I use https://postimages.org/ for photos. If you make an account (it's free), you can set up an album, or multiple albums. You can set the size when you upload, so you don't have to resize your photos. I use the setting for 640x840 for message boards, that way it doesn't blow up the thread. And you can easily delete or set an expiration date as well.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18433 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
That does sound great. Would love to see the pics!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I knew it would be somewhere exciting!

I just had a feeling.

Good for you.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
I am jealous.
Bob refused to go because of the name-Iceland.
He is a warm weather bird.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Pictures!

https://postimg.cc/gallery/RM2s25S

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting the pics!

Your hat looks very Icelandic.

The scenery is beautiful.

And that buffet looks delicious.

Would you go again?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
MrsTuner is all ready to go again! We had such good weather, it would be hard to repeat. So many of our friends have gone to near freezing sideways rain...

But yes, I think there are plenty of other things to see and do! It was pricy for us, so we won't be going right away.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Great photos, thanks for sharing them Ron!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18433 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
ThaJnks for sharing the pictures. I especially enjoyed seeing the auroras. I haven't seen them myself since they became visible on the northern horizon when I was a boy in Ohio. They're never visible around my present home because of the skylight from artificial lighting. I can't even see the Milky Way at night.

The pictures reminded me of the travelogues that JonNYC used to post. Maybe that practice deserves a revival.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7402 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing! Iceland is on my bucket list. So much great knitting there!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post