well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The protests and COVID-19

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The protests and COVID-19
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
The mayor of Atlanta, one of dozens of U.S. cities hit by massive protests in recent days, has a message for demonstrators: “If you were out protesting last night, you probably need to go get a COVID test this week.”

https://wgntv.com/news/coronav...new-virus-outbreaks/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 38020 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I have been thinking about this a lot actually. Especially when many people may not have access to good health insurance...

It’s just another piece of the protests that adds to the pain Frowner

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18615 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I keep thinking about this, too.

On the other hand, the US is "reopening" as the linear scale for confirmed cases seems to be rising drastically.

Posts: 24841 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Our son-in-law is a hospital physical therapist and told us he just wanted to go hand out masks...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7566 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
It will be interesting to watch for a spike in new cases in the next couple of weeks.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7566 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I saw a picture yesterday captioned "the most May 2020 thing ever".

It was a bottle of hand sanitizer duct taped to a telephone pole at a protest site.

Posts: 45778 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Quirt. Ugh. That's funny but also not.

Ugh.

I've seen video and photos of protesters who pull down their masks so they can yell. I've seen photos of cops with masks but their noses are not covered, or the mask is down around their chins...

Also, among the many incidents of cops behaving badly that I've seen in videos and photos was one where a young Black man was standing with his arms up and a police officer decked out in riot gear walks up to the young man, the officer pulls the young man's mask down and shots him in the face with pepper spray.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18615 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post