well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Little Tree Library

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Little Tree Library
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34989 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
That's the nicest looking little library I ever saw. ThumbsUp

If you're interested in visiting a little library near you or maybe even erecting one in your neighborhood, everything you need to know is at the Little Free Library website.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7423 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I saw that in my newsfeed. It's totally awesome.

Posts: 35384 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
That is very cool.

I know of five LFLs near my home. Four of them look like little houses on wooden posts. The fifth is a converted newspaper box with the coin slot and lock removed, and a handwritten sign that says Little Free Library.

It's the thought that counts!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37994 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
A neighborhood project.

quote:
The community of Mount Prospect is coming together for a special mission, and it's all about learning and literacy.

A stay at home dad built a mini library at the request of his wife and from there the Mini Library Mission was born.

A mission that is not only building libraries but building a community together.

"People are like, 'hey are you that guy? The library guy,'" Joey Carbone described. "'Yeah that's me, Good to meet ya'll.'"

Carbone is the architect behind the Mount Prospect Mini Library Mission. He uses donated wood, shingles and nails to create small libraries that are now carefully placed in the front lawns around the neighborhood.

"I'll build you one if I can I have enough materials," Carbone said. "One lady donated a bunch of plywood, another lady dropped off screws, some lady had extra glue laying around and it just kind of blew up from there."

What started as a summer project for his family in June has now grown to 14 mini libraries in place with another 79 requests to go.

Each library unique to its owner, with some even decked out in technology like solar and motion lights. The designs are intricate but the concept is simple. Give a book, take a book.

https://abc7chicago.com/travel...-for-9-days/5575290/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37994 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post