well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Illinois and Chicago are really on top of this

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Illinois and Chicago are really on top of this
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Gov Pritzker has been having regular briefings for a while now. Other key people, including Mayor Lori Lightfoot and Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle, head of the IL Dept of Public Health also attend and speak.

They are just amazing. Practical information and specific recommendations. Projecting seriousness in a calming way. Calling on people to stay home if they don't feel well, asking people over 60 to stay at home. Asking people to check on their neighbors and to try to find ways to help people get through this.

I'm so proud of our state.

On a side note....I'm hitting 65 next month and Mr wtg will be 70 in a couple of months. Our 40-something neighbor texted me earlier today to ask if we were OK and whether we need anything. I don't think of us as seniors, but clearly we are.

I was so touched.

Oh, and we have 7 new cases today in Illinois. All of them are in the Chicago area; I don't think I've heard of anything downstate.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37895 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear this.

My mom lives near UIUC (not in C-U but close). Does that count as downstate?

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18468 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Yes, that’s downstate.

All of Illinois’ cases have been in Cook County or what are called the collar counties, which are the ones that ring Cook. Chicago is in Cook. I think we in this area tend to think the rest of Illinois is downstate.

Big Grin

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37895 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I would bet there are many, many thousands walking around that haven't been tested yet...

State and local govt have banned all sports/performance gatherings over 1000 people and put a hold for 30 days on all over 250.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post