well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The trillion dollar grift

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The trillion dollar grift
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
The pandemic relief was the biggest bailout in history, and it opened the door to wide-scale fraud the likes of which no one had ever seen — more than three years later, we still don't know how much damage was done

https://www.rollingstone.com/p...billions-1234784448/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37953 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Damage? Oh BS.

What the author is complaining about is that the *wrong* people got help. Not oil companies. Not Wall Street. Regular people.

Might have been the most egalitarian support plan ever devised, and it worked.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I tend to agree with Steve. I also think that some of the so-called fraud is really a case of the state being completely unprepared to roll out a program like that to give so much money to so many employees.

At least that was my experience in managing my teeny little piece of the payments at my work.

Posts: 35380 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post