well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Special for WTG

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Special for WTG
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
Our Trader Joe’s has started carrying Brokers gin and it’s very impressive at the price, maybe at any price. Very nicely balanced with enough juniper to stand up to tonic.

It’s a small London distillery and TJ may not offer it everywhere, but if you see it you might try it.

The little bowler hat they put on the cap is a nice bonus!

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34973 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

Will look for it on the next trip to TJ's....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37957 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Then you can say, "honey, this trip is really important, I'm going for Brokers this time ..."

If you're listening to Bach while sipping your G&T, perhaps you're enjoying some Baroquers music.

Posts: 12541 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Then you can say, "honey, this trip is really important, I'm going for Brokers this time ..."

If you're listening to Bach while sipping your G&T, perhaps you're enjoying some Baroquers music.

Slow day in Punville.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25712 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
We checked at our TJs and they said it's not available in the Midwest yet. The TJs guy asked if our friend lived on the west coast and when we told him he did, he said that California, Oregon, and Washington are test markets for new products, and that depending on how well they sell they may or may not be expanded to other areas.

We'll keep an eye out for it in the future...

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37957 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I read that their single malt is good. But we don’t have a store nearby.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13816 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
No gin in Oregon TJ’s; hard alcohol is only available in liquor stores. Oh, well. I have 2 kinds of gin here: Bombay Sapphire, and New Deal Gin No. 1

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9801 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Stocking up for the trip (liquor is 2-3X as expensive in IH as it is here) and stumbled on Costco gin at like $16 for 1.75 liter.

It’s really good and might be the best deal ever! Winter is coming and I might have to bring in a case or two. Ohio Costco’s don’t sell liquor.

Posts: 34973 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
New Deal Gin #1

I haven’t seen that one, although the anise component probably makes it a non-starter for me. It’s the same problem I have with Deaths Door.

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
New Deal Gin #1

I haven’t seen that one, although the anise component probably makes it a non-starter for me. It’s the same problem I have with Deaths Door.

It’s local here. I do like anise, but don’t find it to be a big flavor note in this gin.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9801 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post