well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Changes in realtor commissions
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Changes in realtor commissions
 Login/Join

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Here's the claim form:

https://www.realestatecommissi...eId=1033&inline=true

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21339 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Yea, I think we're part of the Burnett class, which is what that claim form is for.

https://www.realestatecommissionlitigation.com/?NAR24

There's also the Moehrl case:

https://www.realestatecommissionlitigation.com/moehrl

I got a better sense of what's going on after reading this. The timeline with all the lawsuits and other milestones starts to provide me with a roadmap for where this has been.

https://www.housingwire.com/ar...0appeal%20the%20case.

But there are still a lot of missing pieces for me, and I can't put the pieces I'm seeing into a logical big picture. I need a lawyer to explain this to me. Big Grin

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
i don't understand what it is you are trying to understand. you sold a house in the united states through an MLS listing after feb 2020. if the settlement is approved, you'll get your minuscule cheque some time before the next millenium. Big Grin

btw, I bet quite a few other WTFers also qualify. SK, maybe even Jodi (I can't remember when she sold her Maine house).

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
My initial stumbling block was that I thought you had to have used one of the Defendants in the lawsuit to sell your home. Then I saw this note on the realestatecommissionlitigation.com website, as it pertains to Burnett.

quote:
*Note: You do not need to have sold a home using an Anywhere, RE/MAX, or Keller Williams agent to make a claim.

So between that and the bit you posted, I became convinced I was part of the Burnett class for the sale of our Door County property in February 2020.

Beyond that...

I hadn't been following this whole real estate commission antitrust process that's been going on before the NAR settlement. There's a lot that's happened before March 15. The more I read about this I realized how little I understand about what's happening. I'm trying to see the big picture of how all these lawsuits and settlement classes fit together. I may be eligible for more than one.

For instance, I was unaware of the individual Burnett and Moehrl cases and associated settlements, which are separate from the recent NAR news. The form you linked to is a claim under the Burnett settlement. I may be eligible in the Moehrl class too. And who knows what will happen with the NAR settlement.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Oh, and it may not be a miniscule check. I saw an estimate of $8000+ for an average claim, but I can't remember whether it was Burnett or Moehrl...

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
We sold two houses between March 6 2015 and December 2020.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20446 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Are there different forms for each case? I found those dates in the Moehrl page.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20446 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if there are different forms. That's part of my confusion.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I think I'm just going to call the toll free number and see if I can get clarification on how this works.

I don't think I've gotten anything in the mail about being eligible to file a claim. Has anyone else gotten anything? Just seems like they contact you with a claim form or opt-out info for these kinds of class action lawsuits...

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
There is this:

quote:
You may object to or exclude yourself (opt-out) from one or more of the three settlements with Settling Defendants by April 13, 2024. The deadline to file a claim for a payment in the Nationwide Settlements is May 9, 2025. There may be additional settlements. T

Does that sound like there is only one form, for Nationwide Settlements, and that they'll figure out what you're eligible for?

eta:

Moehrl FAQ:

https://www.realestatecommissi...ation.com/moehrl-faq

Burnett FAQ:

https://www.realestatecommissionlitigation.com/faq

Bazootiehead-in-training

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
whoa!! I sold a house in 2023.... definitely will be looking into this!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18430 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
i'm pretty sure I saw links to different forms for each case.

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
please report back on what you find out when you call.

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I found my closing docs and filed. Big Grin

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Is there a deadline to apply (I about of town at the moment)

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18430 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post