well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Hay, Cindysphinx! Virus risk level of Tennis

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hay, Cindysphinx! Virus risk level of Tennis
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted
Tennis gets a 1 rating, which is good.
Activities rated 1 to 10.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pontoon boat rides

oddly specific....

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I kind of figured as much, from Day 1. It just doesn't make sense that viable virus would cling to a ball being thwacked and skidding off of hard surfaces, in the outdoors and in the sun.

My pro told me he never stopped teaching during the height of the quarantine. He needed the money, of course.

But it takes two to take a tennis lesson, so there were apparently a lot of people perfectly willing to take a chance.

Now, I didn't take any lessons during the lockdown, but that's only because I didn't know he had found an inventory of public courts that the county hadn't locked down. The courts in my neighborhood were locked down, so I assumed all of the county courts were.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
quote:
Pontoon boat rides

oddly specific....

ROTFLMAO

We used to take them every summer outside of Charlotte, NC.

Fun!

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
My "tennis" news. I found a free Pong app on my new Motorola G Power with a wall!

A wall is, well, one person hitting against a wall. IRL, I liked it. In computer games, it's easier for me to use. I'd like to find a computer game that approximates the original Pong but no luck so far.

I imagine the virus risk is zero. Razzer Smiler

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post