well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Oh the poor babies ...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oh the poor babies ...
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
Ukrainians strike Belgorod fuel depot two days after blowing up an arms cache there, and Russia says this isn't conducive to peace talks.

Ukrainian helicopters raining down missiles

Posts: 12533 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Excellent short thread from Mark Hertling about the strike on Belgorod.

"Deep Strike"

Weeks ago I speculated about a daring Doolittle-Style raid into Russia to shake Russian confidence and bring the war home to them. I was thinking about something deeper, but this will do!

Posts: 12533 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Mrs pj said news reports this morning said the attack in Belgorod was done by the Russians and that US intelligence said two days before the strike that the Russians were planning such a "false flag" attack on their own facility.

Let's see some hard evidence that it was one side or the other.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Poroshenko was on Smerconish this morning and he wasn't confirming nor denying that the report that the Ukrainians did it.

No matter who bombed that Russian depot, that's not a bad position for the Ukrainians to take.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Retreating Russian Soldiers ...

Stealing everything they can lay their hands on.

I suspect the ones in this APC met a grisly and richly deserved fate.

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Ukraine took out one of Russia's most advanced planes near Kharkiv yesterday. Lotsa nice scrap metal available.

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Retreating Russian Soldiers ...

Stealing everything they can lay their hands on.

I suspect the ones in this APC met a grisly and richly deserved fate.
And there are reports that Russians are leaving mines and booby-traps.

I thought that was a violation of international law.

Reports are they are stealing booze and it's possible that some Ukrainians might have been storing "other chemicals" in booze bottles.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
I thought that was a violation of international law.

Since when has that stopped either a Soviet or Russian military?

Now we have ...

Outright massacres

in Bucha, by retreating Russian forces.

I want to see stepped up shipments of weapons to Ukraine that aren't strictly "defensive." They need surface to ship missiles to start taking out Russian Black Sea ships that are shelling Odessa, fighter aircraft that could penetrate into Russia to destroy infrastructure (like moving trains full of Russian vehicles and personnel), and medium range missiles that can also interrupt troop movements well inside of Russia.