well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What do you think of this house (bungalow edition)?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you think of this house (bungalow edition)?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
I think they've done a great job of updating this hundred year old house. Openish floor plan that still retains the bungalow coziness.

The huge downside is the location, on a very busy street (Euclid) just a mile or so east of the proposed new Bears stadium...

https://www.realtor.com/reales...95?from=srp-map-list

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37976 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
OOh I like it a lot!! Also, this is pretty much exactly my preferred color scheme -- warm-toned tan-ish/beige-ish walls with crisp white trim.

Sigh. We've only lived in our rental house since July and I am so, so sick of the blue (robin's egg blue??) living room, blue-green guest room and green-gray bedroom that I use as my office. Not to mention the grey bathroom, and the fact that much of the trim on the second floor is not in fact white but is some dingy cream color. Sigh.

Sorry for whining. WhoMe

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18586 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
A bungalow on Dunton with a huge side lot that would be perfect for a veggie garden. From what I've heard, that was actually the intention when these lots were created and the houses built on them 100 years ago. A lot of people grew veggies at home.

Also nicely updated.

https://www.realtor.com/reales...50?from=srp-map-list

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37976 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Nice! This one seems much smaller than the other, although maybe the other is just photographed well?

I love it when a listing includes a floor plan!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18586 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I like both of them! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34981 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Frequenter
Picture of AD
posted Hide Post
How do you separate your piano practice from your partner who is watching TV?

Also there seem a lot of steps up to the front door (I must be getting old Big Grin)

Every morrning the soul is once again as good as new, and again one offers if to one's brothers and sisters in life.

Posts: 385 | Location: Land of the Prince Bishops | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AD:
How do you separate your piano practice from your partner who is watching TV?

Digital piano. Heresy, I know. Or merciful, if you've heard me play.

quote:
Also there seem a lot of steps up to the front door (I must be getting old Big Grin)

I noticed the same thing. We must be in the same age group. Big Grin

Neither of the bungalows would be an option for us; I just like the way they were updated while keeping some of the original elements that I find charming. We live in a house that has all the bedrooms upstairs and the laundry area in the basement. Less than ideal at our age, and why I keep looking at what's available in our area.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I have a limited cognitive map of Chicago and its surroundings.

I know where Rogers Park is and that's about it.

I agree with you, though. It would be a huge downside to live next to the construction of a stadium/ a stadium.

Posts: 24753 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Know what you mean. Not getting any younger either.
A door without steps but with an entry and an exit that are both downhill would be good.
Will leave the design of that to Steve.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25726 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:

quote:

I noticed the same thing. We must be in the same age group. Big Grin

We will be moving into a three-story house next year. My creaky knees are going to be going up and down a lot of steps. Smiler

Posts: 45763 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I think I recall studies that indicate that people who live in houses with stairs are generally healthier. Works great until you can't do stairs.

Then...

Stair lift is the answer.

Bazootiehead-in-training