well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    DOJ on election fraud

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DOJ on election fraud
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Attorney General William Barr said Tuesday the Justice Department has not uncovered evidence of widespread voter fraud that would change the outcome of the 2020 presidential election.

His comments come despite President Donald Trump’s repeated claims that the election was stolen, and his refusal to concede his loss to President-Elect Joe Biden.

In an interview with The Associated Press, Barr said U.S. attorneys and FBI agents have been working to follow up specific complaints and information they’ve received, but they’ve uncovered no evidence that would change the outcome of the election.

“To date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have affected a different outcome in the election,” Barr told the AP.

quote:
Last month, Barr issued a directive to U.S. attorneys across the country allowing them to pursue any “substantial allegations” of voting irregularities, if they existed, before the 2020 presidential election was certified, despite no evidence at that time of widespread fraud. That memorandum gave prosecutors the ability to go around longstanding Justice Department policy that normally would prohibit such overt actions before the election was certified. Soon after it was issued, the department’s top elections crime official announced he would step aside from that position because of the memo.

https://apnews.com/article/ele...a98c4b1a9061a6c7f49d

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Will no one rid me of this turbulent election?

Barr was on his way into the White House a little while ago. I wonder whether he'll get Chris Krebs-ed.

Posts: 45741 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Rudy and Jenna weigh in.

quote:
Rudy Giuliani has responded to AG Barr saying there's no evidence of widespread fraud that could have changed election outcome.

In a letter released late Tuesday, Rudy Giuliani and co-Trump-defender Jenna Ellis go after Bill Barr, saying, "With all due respect to the Attorney General, there hasn't been any semblance of a Department of Justice investigation. We have gathered ample evidence of illegal voting in at least six states…"

"Again, with the greatest respect to the Attorney General, his opinion appears to be without any knowledge or investigation."

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
It has been nearly a month since Election Day.

Rudy and Jenna: Put up or shut up.

Preferably, the latter.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:

Barr was on his way into the White House a little while ago. I wonder whether he'll get Chris Krebs-ed.
I hope so. It would be very interesting to hear what Barr says once he is no longer beholden to the great orange menace.

Granted he lost any claim on integrity or respect the moment he attached his lips to I-1's posterior.

Will he try to salvage anything from the smoldering wreckage of his career? After all, he still needs to establish Christian Sharia in the U.S. before he dies, else his entire life will have been wasted.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
"Granted he lost any claim on integrity or respect the moment he attached his lips to I-1's posterior"

Yup...he's outa there...

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
“There’s a growing tendency to use the criminal justice system as sort of a default fix-all, and people don’t like something, they want the Department of Justice to come in and ‘investigate,’” Barr said.

Imagine that.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
From Tom Friedman's NYT interview with Biden:

quote:
President-elect Joe Biden was in a good mood as we talked on the phone Tuesday evening for an hour — he in Delaware and me in Bethesda, Md. He apologized, though, for being late. He had been following the breaking news that Attorney General William Barr had just announced that the Justice Department had not uncovered any significant fraud that could have affected the results of the presidential election. It’s all over.

Biden joked that Barr had just called him, “asking if I can get him in the witness protection program for endorsing me.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/1...nell-china-iran.html

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
President Trump remained livid at Attorney General William P. Barr on Wednesday, with one senior administration official indicating there was a chance Barr could be fired — not just for his public comments undercutting Trump’s unfounded claims of election-shifting fraud, but also for steps he did not take on a probe of the FBI’s 2016 investigation into Trump’s campaign.
A day after Barr told the Associated Press that he had “not seen fraud on a scale that could have effected a different outcome in the election,” Trump continued to complain about his attorney general, people familiar with the matter said.

One senior administration official said there was a chance Trump would fire his attorney general and asserted that the president was not merely frustrated over Barr’s fraud-related assertions. The person said that several people are trying to persuade Trump not to do so. Like others, this official spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations.

I know, shocking.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...c53d2a747_story.html

Bazootiehead-in-training

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't be sad if Barr was given the heave-ho. Who's left in the WH to do the deed, though? We know Donny-boy won't do it personally. He only fires people on TV. Otherwise he has other people do his dirty work.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
What I’m seeing are a lot of civil servants, Repub and Dem, who have had quite enough of their competence, to say nothing of their ethics, being challenged.

Bravo! These are the people who make the system work.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
I wouldn't be sad if Barr was given the heave-ho. Who's left in the WH to do the deed, though? We know Donny-boy won't do it personally. He only fires people on TV. Otherwise he has other people do his dirty work.

He fires them by Twitter. again, see Chris Krebs.

Posts: 45741 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post