well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I lost my horse yesterday.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I lost my horse yesterday.
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Yes, Rico was one of us. I'm so sad to hear about this.

I like the idea of seeing pictures of him, if you feeling posting them.

Group Hug

--------------------------------
Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Frequenter
Picture of DaleH
posted Hide Post
How heartbreaking. I'm very sorry.

Posts: 335 | Location: Central Massachusetts | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Jodi, I'm so sorry.

Posts: 24709 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Aww, I’m sorry Jodi.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Group Hug

I’m so sorry, Jodi.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9797 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
The abrupt ending of your long deep friendship.
What a painful shock!
He sounds to have been your perfect equine soul-mate.

Comfort

PS How is his companion pony taking it? I'm pretty sure they were still together.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry to hear this news. You and he have been through a lot together.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7398 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry Jodi. He was beautiful. Group Hug

Posts: 4402 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Groupie
Picture of CTPianotech
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear about Ricco, Jodi.

Frowner

Posts: 825 | Location: CT | Registered: 10 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your kind words. Today Steve had to drive his body to the landfill. I helped him hitch the trailer but did not go. The people were great they told Steve Rico would be buried in the dirt, not under garbage, (who knows if that’s true, but it was nice of the guy to say). I had a really hard time sleeping last night, kept seeing him in his awful agony, down and thrashing - And then worried quite a bit that they would nor be able to get him out of the trailer (He was euthanized in the trailer, so we could transport his body, it was the barn owners trailer because mine was backed up against a barbed wire fence - theirs has a center post, so I was worried in his contorted state, he would not fit) stupid thing to worry about, but that’s me. But it went smoothly.

I will post a few more pictures of him at some point. This has been really hard, I had no idea how difficult it would be, he was such a huge part of our lives for a long time, and so much of what we did in our various moves was with him in mind. I seriously just bought a used ATV two weeks ago so I could work the upper Outdoor arena at the barn So the footing was perfect for him (I’m about the only person who rides up there). And I just returned the new winter blanket I bought for him last week. Frowner

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20445 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nanna
posted Hide Post
Oh, Jodi, I am so sorry, but glad that he is no longer in pain. He was a member of the family, yours and ours.

Posts: 78 | Location: The Colonial Capital | Registered: 11 October 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post