well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I don’t know who this guy is …

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I don’t know who this guy is …
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
… but my son sent me a link to this podcast. I’m having trouble with disagreeing with any of it. I also don’t understand why college folks disagree.

I know the guy is controversial but not sure why.

I make a point of avoiding Mideast news, but am tempted to pay more attention after hearing this.

Your thoughts?

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/...3012?i=1000634032064

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34974 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Sam Harris is an interesting guy. I’m most familiar with his meditation app called Waking Up with Sam Harris.

Will listen to the podcast you posted when I have some time.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37957 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
That podcast made a lot of sense.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13562 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post