well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Plantar Fasciitis?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Plantar Fasciitis?
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Thanks Cindy!

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the info! And sorry to hear about all of you that suffer from this. It sucks!

Off to order a pair of insoles. Thank you, Cindy!

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Mark,

A friend who is a pain nurse told me that a combination of ibuprofen and naproxen is most effective. They each work through different mechanisms, so are more effective together than separately.

When I need it, I take one of each in a 24 hour period, and that is plenty.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I have had PF for years. Unfortunately, I have another condition that makes it undesirable to wear shoes all the time.

My doctor recommended the following:

Superfeet brand insoles. There are green ones and blue ones depending on whether you can remove the insoles that came in your shoes. They are not too expensive, but a little on the pricey side.

Avoid going barefoot. At all. Ever. This is the hardest for me.

Stretch your feet before you stand up in the morning. Wrap your hands around your toes and stretch each foot for ten to 15 seconds a couple of times on each side. Also run your fingertips long the bottoms of your feet from heel to ball a couple of times with as much pressure as you can muster. It's important to do this before you put any weight on your feet.

Taking the items above in aggregate, I kept slippers with Superfeet insoles next to the bed. I would slip into them as I was getting up... not even putting foot on floor except into the slippers.

It can take weeks or months to clear up.

Now for the good part: Okabashi sandals. They are great. A Japanese-based design and Made In USA. I have a couple pair. They are like very high-quality flip-flops with great arch support. They are very reasonably priced and come in a variety of styles and colors. Do consult the size guide carefully.

Okabashis largely address my need to go shoeless but have good arch support. I still go barefoot around the house a lot and I kick my shoes off as soon as I get to work.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Super feet are also good; I've only used the green ones. Not enough arch support for my high arches, but my kids use them.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post