well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Jeffrey Epstein has committed suicide
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jeffrey Epstein has committed suicide
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Happened overnight. Waiting for the conservative nutjobs to say it's a Clinton hit....

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37942 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Without knowing any more than reading the NY Times account, it's hard not to conclude, tentatively, that

a) Manhattan jail authorities are criminally negligent.

b) Someone may have kinda sorta allowed this to happen.

The man had clearly tried to hang himself a few weeks ago.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
If you think you’re surprised Epstein killed himself last night, imagine how surprised he must have been.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Well, I will wait for more evidence before I conclude that he was murdered.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Same here. Too many conspiracy theories to choose from.

quote:
Last month, a week after being denied bail on federal sex trafficking charges, Mr. Epstein was found unconscious in his cell at the jail with marks on his neck. Prison officials had been investigating that incident as a possible suicide attempt.

Mr. Epstein had been on suicide watch after he was found injured on July 23 and received a daily psychiatric evaluation, according to a person familiar with his detention. He was removed from suicide watch on July 29 and returned to the special housing unit, a segregated area of the prison with extra security, this person said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/0...epstein-suicide.html

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37942 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
He was removed from suicide watch on July 29 and returned to the special housing unit, a segregated area of the prison with extra security, this person said.

Who gave that order? Should be easy enough to ascertain. Only six days on suicide watch???

As someone on Twitter said today, suicide watch doesn't mean you watch them commit suicide.

On the plus side, it's my understanding that legal arguments about illegal search and seizure go away, because he was the only one with a cognizable privacy interest. (Just as an example ... if they were his materials, he could have provided them voluntarily to prosecutors and Individual 1 could not have no one could have stopped him.)

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Epstein's apparent suicide is unfathomable

... lays out the reasons why this should not have been able to happen, yet it did.

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Laurence Tribe ...

Barr must recuse himself

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
If you think you’re surprised Epstein killed himself last night, imagine how surprised he must have been.

Ah, I just saw this line on twitter!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:

Big Grin

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Within hours — maybe even minutes — of news breaking that hedge fund manager and convicted sexual predator Jeffrey Epstein died by suicide in his jail cell, discussion immediately turned to one of Epstein’s most powerful former friends: former President Bill Clinton.

As of this writing, “Clintons” is the number two trending term on Twitter, with basically every top tweet promoting, rebutting, or otherwise discussing conspiracy theories that Bill and/or Hillary Clinton had Epstein murdered. The hashtag #ClintonBodyCount blew up as well, complete with a competing #TrumpBodyCount hashtag popping up in response. And (naturally) right-wing conspiracy theorists are arguing that the latter hashtag’s popularity is a sign of Twitter’s left-wing bias:

My God, they’re already covering it up. Twitter has completely replaced the hashtag #ClintonBodyCount with #TrumpBodyCount on the trending newsfeed even though the numbers were higher.

The media bias is UNREAL at this point. pic.twitter.com/38QBO7HBIB
— Mindy Robinson (@iheartmindy) August 10, 2019

The conspiracy theories even spread within the Trump administration. Lynne Patton, regional administrator at the Department of Housing and Urban Development in charge of New York and a former event planner for the Trump family with no prior experience in housing policy, posted a screenshot of a news story on Epstein’s death to Instagram with the caption “Hillary’d” and the hashtag #VinceFosterPartTwo.

https://www.vox.com/2019/8/10/...eory-jeffrey-epstein

sidebar:

quote:
Lynne Patton, regional administrator at the Department of Housing and Urban Development in charge of New York and a former event planner for the Trump family with no prior experience in housing policy,

Roll Eyes

Bazootiehead-in-training

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Wow, I spend 12 hours away from the news and look what happens...

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18525 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Within hours — maybe even minutes — of news breaking that hedge fund manager and convicted sexual predator Jeffrey Epstein died by suicide in his jail cell, discussion immediately turned to one of Epstein’s most powerful former friends: former President Bill Clinton.

... and I'm a Clinton hater from way back.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
The Clinton stuff is clearly a distraction. I'm trying to find new-worthy facts as opposed to high school gossip.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post