well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    “Protestors make good hood ornaments”

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

“Protestors make good hood ornaments”
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Nurse ‘no longer with’ OSF HealthCare following controversial Facebook comment about protestors

https://www.centralillinoispro...comment-on-facebook/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
How many times can we say this before people understand. Everything you write on social media can be read by anyone. All it takes are the right circumstances and the sentence you scribble for your twenty-six friends winds up on the pages of USA Today in 456 media markets.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
What an idiot.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20461 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Ok, I just read the article. There was a post circulating the other day about how protestors had attacked somebody with a horse trailer and harmed the horses To me it felt like one of those fake stories meant to inflame - I’m willing to bet the post that caused the nurse to comment was a reaction to that initial post about driving down the road with a horse trailer and not stopping. Still no excuse for the nurses comment.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20461 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
How many times can we say this before people understand. Everything you write on social media can be read by anyone. All it takes are the right circumstances and the sentence you scribble for your twenty-six friends winds up on the pages of USA Today in 456 media markets.

OK, a sensible admonition, but when you say "social media" I wonder if there's a difference in visibility between various formats. Especially wondering about the relative privacy of , say, ones Facebook profile and a private email account. (I've been strengthening my request to my sons that we not longer communicate at all via Facebook PMs, in favor of email.)

This question is directed to anyone and everyone. In fact, I think I'll make it into a separate thread.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post