well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    These House women want you to know they’re here

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

These House women want you to know they’re here
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
“From my perspective, there has been an overwhelming focus on a small number of members in our caucus who did not flip seats, who did not help win the House,”

https://www.theatlantic.com/po...mocrats-2020/589567/

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Folks like AOC and Tlaib serve the same media need for headline grabbing as do Trump's tweets. Ultimately, they are a distraction--not the individuals but the focus on their latest statement, outfit, tweet, etc. But they do sell newspapers (and the digital equivalent).

I don't know that anyone can stop the media from obsessively focussing on the latest OMG did you hear that (OMGDYHT) comment from anyone. But the DNC should provide another narrative, and soon. So much of what we hear are reactions to the latest OMGDYHT.

A minor nit in the list here: Krysten Sinema isn't new to congress, having served as a representative. But she's new to the senate, and did flip a seat (Jeff Flake's).

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post