well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Doesn't anyone walk anymore?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doesn't anyone walk anymore?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
When COVID was an issue, drive thru services were a nice option. But now....

quote:
Shoppers at some Target stores will be able to pick up a Starbucks coffee and make a return without leaving the car later this year.

The retailer said Wednesday that it will start to add those services to Drive Up, its curbside pickup option, at select stores in the fall. It declined to identify store locations or give a more specific timetable.

Target has a Starbucks cafe in many of its big-box stores.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/2...the-parking-lot.html

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 38037 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I wonder why this country has an obesity problem…

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9815 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
The one thing that I will not give up until I have to is online grocery shopping/pickup at the store.

I HATE going to the grocery store. I don't mind cooking, but we tend to get into a rut because I so dislike grocery shopping that I'm just not willing to go multiple times per week to pick up those odd things that you're not likely to just have on hand.

Instacart FTW!

The rest, yeah. I mean, we're not in Manhattan (I don't think). Getting stuff delivered, especially coffee, is way over the time. Though again I will do the preorder option, but I will rouse myself from my car, slap on a mask and go in to pick stuff up--because the preorder just saves a ton of time.

Posts: 35394 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I grew to hate online grocery shopping during covid. I never know if I want broccoli or asparagus until I see the freshness of what’s in the store.

Also the grocery store’s incentive is FIFO, i.e., you get the oldest produce. The instacart shopper’s incentive is to grab the closest one at hand.

I agree it’s convenient and it’s fine for undifferentiated pantry items, but fresh stuff? No thanks.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33809 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
That's what I thought until I started using pickup regularly. Freshness has not been a problem at all, and since most of my meats are bought locally or shipped it has been a great experience for me. Much less impulse shopping. I'm a complete sucker for new stuff at the store.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13587 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I do use grocery pickup. But I go in before pickup to get the things that they can’t substitute for, and also to pick my own produce.

but coffee? Nah. Go inside!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9815 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post