well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Vernon Jordan passes away at 85.

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vernon Jordan passes away at 85.
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/0...non-jordan-dead.html

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33801 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Remember him well from the 90s. Indeed a commanding presence.

"Vernon can read!" Indeed. Shows the eye-rolling presumptions of the white power elite in the 1950s. The young Vernon was in college at that time and a powerful white lawyer and leader could still exclaim, "Vernon can read."

Posts: 12559 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Joe Scarboro tweeted the following yesterday:

quote:
Several years ago, Vernon Jordan walked up to me on the way to catching a plane in DCA, shook my hand and said, “Son, when you’re on TV, show some respect to those watching you and wear a tie.” I said “Yessir.” He smiled and walked off.
I started wearing a tie the next day.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33801 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post