well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Krugman on Bernie
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Krugman on Bernie
 Login/Join

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
He also had flop sweat (not that I recall, I was 2 years old or something like that).

But it's an interesting point. I find Bernie's finger-wagging, arm-flailing angry old geezer thing to be really annoying. Others think he's sticking it to the man. I guess.

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:

I find Bernie's finger-wagging, arm-flailing angry old geezer thing to be really annoying. .

I think I might be triggered…

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
I agree with Paul Krugman. This almost never happens. He's making an important point. Bernie Sanders is not, 'the left's Trump.' He's not analogous to Trump at all, IMO. I think its a false equivalence. I've said this many times.

I don’t know, there are many similarities.

Like Trump he has tried to do a hostile takeover of the party. Like Trump, Bernie is benefiting from a large field of traditional candidates that have spent most of their efforts fighting each other in order to consolidate the anti-Bernie (Trump) support, while he compiles delegates. Both are spurned by party establishment and actively express hostility to it. Both running on economic populism. Both are objectively demagogic. Both attract and excite a fringe of unsavory people. Both told us which of our neighbors were the enemy from the very day they started running. I could go on.

Yes, but a similie and an an analogy are two different things. Krugman's point is they're not analogous. I happen to agree with him. And I say this as someone with no love lost for Krugman. I think he's a tool.

Posts: 24740 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post