Notify
Tools

$1400?
 Login/Join

Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted
Rob received a cheque from the US government today for $1400. It says Economic Impact Payment. Now I know money went out last year, and he thought he would receive it then but didn’t so we just ignored it. Why now? Anyone have any idea? Other than yay Biden? Big Grin

--------------------------------
"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4092 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
For whatever reason, some folks didn't get the earlier payments.

A friend of mine got a cash card for the 2020 payment. He thought it might be a scam but it turned out to be real.

If you think you should have gotten the 2020 credits, check this out:

https://www.irs.gov/coronaviru...omic-impact-payments

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
My kid got a letter from Biden telling him to be on the lookout for his $1400, but nothing arrived.

We don't qualify, so I've not been paying much attention. But he and my daughter already got $1400 earlier this year. Is there an additional $1400 for 2021, or was his original $1400 for 2020 and there is no more?

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
So far, the federal response to the economic crisis caused by the coronavirus pandemic has delivered $3,200 to each eligible adult: $1,200 via the Coronavirus Aid Relief and Economic Security Act in March 2020; $600 in a December relief measure; and $1,400 under the American Rescue Plan signed in March by President Joe Biden.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/f...ecurring-2021-05-17/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, folks! So weird but we will take it! We were responsible with 2/3 of the money and spent the other 1/3 on a 3D printer. Big Grin

Posts: 4092 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dolmansaxlil:
spent the other 1/3 on a 3D printer. Big Grin

groupwave

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Please keep us posted on what you find to do with the printer. I like the idea but haven’t figured out a use for it.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Please keep us posted on what you find to do with the printer. I like the idea but haven’t figured out a use for it.

Rob is printing terrain for his gaming table. I want to print some components and inserts for board games. So just toys for us!