well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What's everyone up to these days?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's everyone up to these days?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
We went from summer temps to something approximating mid-March. Cold rainy Sunday here, so no working in the garden.

Waiting for some friends to come by for dinner. I'm so out of practice with entertaining.

Anybody got anything exciting on their docket?

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
I don’t know about exciting, but I spent the weekend at a crafters’ retreat with my mom. I made this shoe (I’m still working on the second one). My mom wove the laces for me.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4091 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Cool

Both the shoes and the laces are totally impressive...

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
It poured all evening yesterday until about 10:00 am this morning.

The winds were about 20- 25 mph.

I did laundry and cleaned the house for two days.

Isn't Sunday supposed to be a day of rest?

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Cool

Both the shoes and the laces are totally impressive...

+1

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I'm gathering up slightly used garden wall blocks to make a raised planter in the front yard. I'm trying to pull all the weeds from along the driveway and I'm going to put down some fresh gravel.

Practice cello.

Do DuoLingo.

Do Wordle (got it in four today).

Fiddle with my mechanical keyboards.

Random acts of housekeeping.

Costco had floor-standing air conditioners on sale. I bought two. I unboxed one yesterday. The hoses aren't long enough to reach the bedroom window. I can put one in the dining room. I'm going to return the other one. I wasn't sure the electrical system in the house was up to running two of them at the same time anyway.

That's about it.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
A crafters' retreat sounds like a lot of fun.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Practice cello.

How did I miss that!! (Or I knew and I forgot, in which, apologies!)

What are you practicing?

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18430 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anybody got anything exciting on their docket?

Classes ended here and next week is finals week. I don't have a lot of grading left (miraculously) but wrapping up the semester is time-consuming nonetheless.

Non-work related, we are trying to do spring cleaning (why is that so hard?)...

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18430 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Don left carp from his entire life in his room.
Have carried many big black bags to the dumpster.
He had an ugly rug on the carpet that covered the open area. The carpet under it is shades lighter than the rest of the carpet. Scheduling a rug cleaning soon.
I offered to get a cleaner to work in his room more than once. He did not want that. I did not want anyone to know about the heavy duty painkillers he had.
His sister came twice and helped.
Will overload with caffeine again tomorrow and get more carp from his room to his dumpster.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Sang the second of two concerts this weekend with the Hinsdale Chorale - They went well (and I tuned the piano before)

www.hinsdalechorale.org

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Wife and I went out to Washington VA in the mountains for a belated 35th anniversary getaway. Our first visit there was the year we were married!

Posts: 12529 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Not much going on. Had a recording session a week ago. Then a couple of days ago wife and I both came down with colds. She had a PCR test come back negative so we know it wasn’t Covid. By tomorrow we should feel like human beings again.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Yesterday we started our cross country trip. I’ll be traveling for about 3 weeks, with 4 days in California. Sharon will be flying home after ten days and then I’ll pick up the trailer in Apache Junction to bring home. On that leg of the trip I’ll be joined by two old friends and we’ll camp along the way.

Today we’re going to get on Route 66 which we’ll follow all the way to CA.

Next stop - Cuba, MO! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34917 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Daughter's graduation in NC this weekend, and she turns 30 today. It's a hell of a thing when your kid hits 30.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post