well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The Balcony

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Balcony
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted
The first applicant of the day explains that his last day was not a good one. “I came home early and found my wife lying naked in bed. She claimed
she had just got out of the shower. Well, her hair was dry and I checked the shower and it was completely
dry too. I knew she was into some hanky-panky and I began to look for
her lover. I went onto the balcony of our 9th-floor apartment and found the guy clinging to the rail by his fingertips. I was so angry that I began bashing his fingers
with a flower pot. He let go and fell, but his fall was broken by some awnings and bushes. On seeing he was still alive I found super human strength to drag our
antique cedar chest to the balcony and throw it over. It hit the man
and killed him. At
this point the stress got to me and I suffered a
massive heart attack and died.”

Saint Peter thanked him for his story and sent him on to the waiting room.

The second applicant said that his last day was his worst.

"I was on the roof of an apartment building working on the AC equipment and I stumbled over my tools and toppled off the building. I
managed to grab onto the balcony rail of a 9th-floor apartment but some idiot came rushing out on the balcony and bashed my hands with a
flower pot.
I fell but hit some awnings and bushes and survived, but as I looked
up I saw a huge chest falling toward me. I tried to crawl out of the
way but failed and was hit and killed by the chest.”

Saint Peter couldn't help but chuckle as he directs the man to the waiting room.

Saint Peter is still chuckling when his third customer of the day enters. He apologizes and says "I doubt that your last day
was as interesting as the two fellows that arrived here just
before
you.”

“I don't know," replies the man. "picture this; I'm naked, hiding in this cedar chest.....

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post

good one. Smiler

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37942 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Smiler Smiler Smiler

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post