well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Volunteering?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Volunteering?
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
I have signed up to deliver groceries...Did it two weeks ago without a hitch...

The sign up took some time...but now I am on for every Thursday..

Today all went fine except one...wrong address, no phone..so my neighbor is storing the perishables and I am in contact with the social worker..will try again tomorrow.

Anyone else doing volunteering out and about or from home (IT, consulting)?

I have to say most of the folks I deliver to limp to the door, for disability or age,...When I see them, I am so happy that I can bring them their order.. Smiler

It takes me an hour...a week..just sayin'

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
Liam and I both signed up through United Way to volunteer for whoever needs us in our little community. So far, they haven’t called because they have had such a great response to their efforts, and so many local businesses have stepped up. We are known for car dealerships (seriously, people come from all over to buy a car from a dealer in my sleepy little town) so they have jointly taken over all deliveries. It’s been pretty great to see! The United Way keeps apologizing that they don’t have anything for us to do!

Also, give blood if you are able. I have an appointment next week. I’m interested to see what it looks like to do a blood drive under these circumstances.

--------------------------------
"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4092 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post