well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    More reading on the horizon

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More reading on the horizon
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Melania and Me, to be released next week.

https://yashar.substack.com/p/...rumps-comments-about

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 38002 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
And in a bit over a week, there's Michael Cohen's book followed by Bob Woodward's. That old adage of if your opponent is drowning, put a firehose down his throat seems to be in full force.

Posts: 9598 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Sneak preview.

Here's a fun one:

quote:
Ivanka wasn’t playing by the rules, but she never, ever, got in trouble. On January 24, Suzie Mills, Ivanka’s assistant at the Trump Organization, sent an email to her entire mailing list that said, “Hi Everyone, Hope you all are well. On behalf of Ivanka Trump, I will like to share her new email address. Effective immediately Ivanka will no longer be using her Trump Organization email address.” The new email used a family domain. Not a government one. Can you say “private server”?

Ivanka was asking her work contacts at the White House to write to her at her private email — the exact offense the Trumps had lambasted Hillary Clinton for during the general election. Would anyone chant “Lock her up!” about Ivanka’s private server? Doubtful. The email thing was hypocritical, to say the least. But the Trumps made their own rules.

https://nymag.com/intelligence...winston-wolkoff.html

Was in Bolton's book too.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 38002 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I think I'll skip this one.

quote:
The photo on the book jacket of Sarah Huckabee Sanders smiling up at President Trump as they walk along the White House Rose Garden reveals a lot about the story inside.

For more than two years, Sanders was a key part of Trump's inner circle reaching a level of trust and access few have in this unconventional administration.

"I didn't just love my job, I loved the president and most of the people I worked with," she writes.

Her new book, Speaking for Myself: Faith, Freedom, and the Fight of Our Lives Inside the Trump White House, is not about settling scores like many books about the Trump White House. It's an unabashed homage to President Trump and a feathering of her nest for a probable run for governor in Arkansas.

Her tenure was nothing but tumultuous — holding epic fights with the press, accused repeatedly of misleading the public, and doing away with traditional daily press briefings.

But readers won't get much of a taste of the inner workings of the Trump White House that goes much beyond the headlines.

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/03...es-all-in-with-trump

Bazootiehead-in-training