well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Max the Miracle Dog

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Max the Miracle Dog
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
Going for a Lake District walk with Max the Miracle Dog

quote:
Kerry Irving was confined to his house and considering suicide after suffering an excruciating back injury in a car accident. But then he met Max, a yard dog who gave him a new purpose in life. The BBC joined them for a walk in their native Lake District.

Kerry understands the joy they bring; it was the same joy Max first gave him 12 years ago that he says saved his life.

In 2006 his car was rear-ended by a lorry, leaving him with crippling back pain.

He spent the following two years barely able to move, declining into a deep and seemingly irreversible depression.

Then one day, having been persuaded by his wife of 22 years Angela to walk to the local shop to get some milk, he met Max.

The then one-year-old poked his nose between the bars of a backyard gate and the two struck up an instant friendship.

That second picture is my favorite. I just can't get enough of watching dogs swim. ThumbsUp

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34982 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the fun read.
Bob likes Springers. He had an English Cocker when I met him. A Springer for several years before that.
He prefers the Springers. The English Cocker was no favorite of mine.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25727 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
Thanks for the fun read.

Why is that?

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
That was so sweet!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:

That second picture is my favorite. I just can't get enough of watching dogs swim. ThumbsUp

My Vizsla used to love swimming out to retrieve floating Kongs in the San Francisco Bay. He even learned to look at me for hand signals to show him which way to go, if he couldn't find it.

Heaven help the Lab who tried to out-swim him to a toy. He was like a motorboat ... his chest would rise up out of the water and he'd just propel himself past them.

Damn, I miss that dog.

Posts: 45764 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
i love the flying ears. Smiler

steve, is there a new pup in your future?

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21357 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Yes, we are looking, but there is plenty of time.

Want another doodle of some sort, preferably a re-home or rescue, already housebroken, who likes to swim or at least retrieve.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34982 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
i miss puppy/dog shopping. have fun!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
Thanks for the fun read.

Why is that?

The English Cocker was not friendly. Sometimes he seemed surly. Bob always used a steel correction collar to walk him. He had spent $$$ trying to get the dog trained to be more manageable.
I walked him with a plain collar, but there was something about him I never liked.
English Cockers were rated #1 for biting people, which I believe.
The dog died of cancer about three years ago. Have not missed him.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25727 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
cocker spaniels in general have a terrible temperament. i've never met one that didn't.