well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Take a Satand 9! Hot or not?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Take a Satand 9! Hot or not?
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
With a title like "Take a Satand: Hot or Not" I thought this was going to be about something a little more interesting than air fryers. Evil

Frankly, I was expecting a discussion of hot sauces and their use or non-use. I would have been delighted if it had argued the relative virtues of various Sports Illustrated swimsuit models.

Big Al

--------------------------------
Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7412 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I love my air fryer and use it several times a week. It's great for quick meals for 1-2 people without firing up the huge oven. Standards are:

1. Tater tots, fries, because duh
2. Chicken breasts
3. Fish fillets (fresh or frozen)
4. Roasting veggies (small amounts, larger numbers are best in the oven because they can't be crowded)
5. Reheating stuff that is really bad reheated in the microwave (like anything with bread or a crust is far better in the air fryer)

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
I use my air fryer perhaps a few times a month.
It works really well to quickly dehydrate and lightly heat up bread, naan, and tortillas.
Works very well to get somewhat crisp vegetables.
Works really well to heat up pre-cooked chicken nuggets, mini spring rolls, mini samosas, things like that.

The inside of my air fryer basket is supposedly nonstick, but I find that cheese and breaded fish sticks/fillets tend to stick anyway, so these days I avoid putting cheese or fish sticks/fillets into the air fryer.

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12692 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post