well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Take a Satand 9! Hot or not?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Take a Satand 9! Hot or not?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
Air fryer- yes or no?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
I’ve never used one. We have a small kitchen so I am picky about appliances. We have two instant pots that we use frequently but I have no idea where we would store another large item!

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4092 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Our youngest and fiancee uses theirs a lot. We have a convection toaster oven, but never got an air fryer...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Bought one for Bob last Christmas. Sent
it back. He prefers his toaster oven. That leaves no extra room.
We have two coffee makers and too much more on the countertops in Colorado.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I’ve been watching a lot of this guy on YouTube - he has great looking pretty quick recipes, and he uses an air fryer a lot. I really want one - a small one with a pull out basket - but haven’t made the purchase yet.

https://youtu.be/biDCgbGgEcY

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20462 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Speaking of that guy - you really should check out his YouTube channel - I enjoyed watching this one and seeing how he used leftovers in other meals. He’s got some great videos. He seems to have a home kitchen and a “studio” kitchen. I wish I lived in a better climate for vegetable gardening. Or had space for a greenhouse.

https://youtu.be/S88Me4D1LUA

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20462 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
We swapped our toaster oven for a toaster oven/air fryer with the same footprint. We use it a lot more than I thought we would. The racks survive the dishwasher even though the manufacturer doesn’t recommend it.

It’s especially good for frozen things like French fries, tots and (forgive me) fish sticks. Great for reheating leftover pizza. Baked taters come out with crisp skins. I even cooked a little steak in it - surprisingly good and very little mess.

Good toast, too.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
We also have a combination air fryer/toaster oven. Works great.

Add popcorn shrimp to your list.

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
With a title like "Take a Satand: Hot or Not" I thought this was going to be about something a little more interesting than air fryers. Evil

Posts: 4404 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Take a Satand: Hot or Not"

As I suspected from the beginning, this series of threads will slowly morph into satanic worship.

Stand has morphed into Satand, and is only a letter away from Satan. Drop the 'a' and we get Take Satan. Then when the follow-on becomes Now! our brainwashing will be complete.

Repent oh ye sinners! Repent!

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
this series of threads will slowly morph into satanic worship.

ROTFLMAO

Wait, ETA: it's even funnier that you "suspected it from the beginning" hysteric

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
quote:
this series of threads will slowly morph into satanic worship.

ROTFLMAO

Wait, ETA: it's even funnier that you "suspected it from the beginning" hysteric
Steve and I go way back. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Two of my kids have air fryers and do fancy things in them. We mainly use ours for frozen food, but it works find for that.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
Our youngest and fiancee uses theirs a lot. We have a convection toaster oven, but never got an air fryer...

Isn't a convection oven an air fryer?

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post