well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Mr. SK's miniatures (attn CHAS)

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mr. SK's miniatures (attn CHAS)
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted
Some of you already know this, but Mr. SK makes fairly elaborate miniatures. CHAS asked about it, so here are a few of his creations. (Apologies in advance, I uploaded these to postimage and it looks like the image quality dropped quite a bit...)

The first miniature he made was this replica of the castle that's in his hometown. The materials used are cereal boxes and white index cards, and also in two spots some disposable chopsticks (the kind you break apart to use).

Then he started making miniature models of rooms in a Japanese house.

Then, before we moved, he made a replica of his desk in his office in our rental house. He has also branched out in terms of materials, and while he still uses cereal boxes, he also uses the plastic "bag" that the cereal is inside, and other materials that would otherwise end up in the garbage of an average house.

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18538 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Those are superb.
Thank you.

I assembled model airplanes when I was a kid.
The results spoke loudly. They said,
"Do something else."

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25712 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I adore his miniatures! Especially the rooms.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20462 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
The results spoke loudly. They said,
"Do something else."

ROTFLMAO

Jodi, thank you! I'll try to post some more here soon Smiler

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18538 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Impressive!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Wow.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I love these!

I remember seeing one that looked like a downtown apartment with a kitchen in it. Would you please post that one?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Eeker AMAZING! So do tell, is everything made of paper etc? For instance, I am fascinated by the goose neck lamp. What is that made of?

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
Very impressive work, SK. Even more so considering the materials he has elected to work with.

I've been interested in model trains since I was a boy so I've seen a lot of miniature scenes of various sorts and Mr. SK's work is first class.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7413 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post