well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The GOP field for 2024

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The GOP field for 2024
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Pence flatlines as 2024 field takes shape

“There are some Trump supporters who think he’s the anti-Christ,” said one Iowa GOP official. ...

Harre said Pence “did a good job as vice president,” and he called the vitriol directed at him “kind of nutty.” Still, he said, “I don’t see him overcoming the negatives.”

Six months after he left the vice presidency, that is the prevailing view at the grassroots and among the GOP political class. By most accounts, both here and nationally, Pence is dead in the early waters of 2024.

https://www.politico.com/news/...latlines-2024-499919

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I already see "Trump 2024" flags flying at various places. Shrug

(Going by memory about an article I read a while back.) At CPAC 2021, Trump won the straw poll with 71% of the votes, DeSantis got something like 24%. No one else, not even Pence, cracked 1%.

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12692 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post