well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Long Table pancakes and waffles

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Long Table pancakes and waffles
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Anyone watch Shark Tank last night?

There was a guy from Chicago who has a very small company that makes pancake and waffle mixes from....popcorn flour. Sounds crazy, but the sharks all raved about the product. Fun story and worth watching if you can catch it on demand.

Here's the guy's story, from his website:

https://longtablepancakes.com/...YTIzLl7mjc%3D.SuBDrd

We love pancakes and waffles, so I jumped online and ordered some mixes and maple syrup. From the order confirmation:

quote:
While I've got you, let me say, from the bottom of my heart: thank you. Going on Shark Tank as a very tiny and very hopeful operation - and getting the national spotlight - is one of the hardest things I've ever done. We're still only a 4-person team (me, my wife the Acrobat & the mighty Philip and Clara), and we are working like lumberjacks to do this right. If you need anything, reply to this email or contact us at eat@longtablepancakes.com and we'll help you.

-Samuel
Long Table Founder

And this email this morning:

quote:
Thank you!

This is a small operation and your order means a lot to us.

I started this business with $5,000 and recipes I had been using to catch the attention of an acrobat. Today I am happy to be supporting the work of regenerative farmers in the midwest and beyond.

Your purchase supports a small-business chain that does real good for real people. Thank you.

-Samuel
Founder

Will let you know what we think of the product!

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37971 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Saw that last night and almost ordered some. Now I will wait for your review.

I’m such a sucker for new foodstuffs.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13564 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Interesting
Despite the Millenium Falcon waffle maker I bought Bob we still have frozen waffles on
Sundays.
We are trying brands other than Eggos.
That product could be great.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25722 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
If it's gluten free they'll have a guaranteed audience all by itself.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I've never heard of long table, but now I want pancakes!!!

WhoMe

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18581 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
We haven't received our Long Table mixes yet (Samuel says they were deluged with more than 10,000 orders), but we want to be prepared to make either pancakes *or* waffles when the mixes finally arrive.

We had a waffle maker years ago, but it wasn't nonstick and it didn't heat very evenly. We didn't use it much because the waffles were substandard, so it went the way of so many small appliances, in a garage sale.

As luck would have it, there was a waffle maker review segment on an episode of America's Test Kitchen this week. Their two top models were a fancier Waring Pro ($90) that makes two waffles at a time, and a Presto Flip ($45), a more basic unit that still makes good waffles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo17A6W1jPU

The show was a few years old, so the prices have gone up a bit. The Waring is discontinued but has come out under the Cuisinart brand.

We decided to go with the Presto...

https://www.amazon.com/Presto-...Cgarden%2C103&sr=1-1

Totally lives up to the excellent review that ATK gave it. Easy to use, made perfect waffles.

Waffles I made for lunch today, using my basic ATK Buttermilk Pancake recipe. Much better than Eggos...

Can't wait to try the Long Table mixes.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37971 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post