well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Should White Boys Still Be Allowed To Talk?

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/6591004366

17 June 2019, 01:15 PM
QuirtEvans
Should White Boys Still Be Allowed To Talk?
https://thedickinsonian.com/op...v_Dl2UXD9K90qg6gHt_M
17 June 2019, 01:58 PM
Piano*Dad
Yeah, well, the first few comments rubbish it rather thoroughly.
17 June 2019, 02:25 PM
QuirtEvans
The whole thing was replete with problems. And yet, this is what is published on a college campus these days.
17 June 2019, 02:59 PM
Steve Miller
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Yeah, well, the first few comments rubbish it rather thoroughly.

As do all the rest. There is hope.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

17 June 2019, 03:24 PM
Bernard
I hope the school has a counselor somewhere on campus. The author should partake.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

17 June 2019, 07:51 PM
Mikhailoh
I doubt most of the students of any race or sex have a great deal to offer in terms of depth. Still, how are they to develop if they can’t speak?

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

17 June 2019, 11:16 PM
Steve Miller
Tearing down your neighbor’s house never makes your house look better. If I taught at Dickson I would make sure the students understand that.

References and salary requirements are available on request. Cool

17 June 2019, 11:48 PM
QuirtEvans
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Tearing down your neighbor’s house never makes your house look better. If I taught at Dickson I would make sure the students understand that.

If you taught there, one hopes you'd get the name right.

Dickinson.
18 June 2019, 01:20 AM
Cindysphinx
quote:

Yeah, that someone spent three years there, stewing in their racist thoughts and resent, doesn’t speak well of the college. It must not challenge the students very much.
18 June 2019, 01:31 AM
QuirtEvans
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
quote:

Yeah, that someone spent three years there, stewing in their racist thoughts and resent, doesn’t speak well of the college. It must not challenge the students very much.

That is reminiscent of the nature vs. nurture debate.
18 June 2019, 02:49 AM
Steve Miller
Re: Dicks and Dicksons. Once again you miss the point.

$ 500K in loans and you still can’t think

It’s OK. We make allowances.

18 June 2019, 10:23 AM
QuirtEvans
quote:
Re: Dicks and Dicksons. Once again you miss the point.

$ 500K in loans and you still can’t think

It’s OK. We make allowances.

Oh, it was an attempt at humor.

You’ll need to work on that.
18 June 2019, 12:03 PM
Nina
There's no doubt that those thoughts exist, probably in more enclaves than we might be aware of. However, I am encouraged by the comments.

There is a lot of systemic racism in our society. This approach, however, will not help anything.

My 2c.
18 June 2019, 12:18 PM
Piano*Dad
Unfortunately, this particular brand of victim mentality, and all the logical confusion it embodies, is now part and parcel of modern progressivism.
18 June 2019, 12:30 PM
QuirtEvans
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Unfortunately, this particular brand of victim mentality, and all the logical confusion it embodies, is now part and parcel of modern progressivism.

It's not just the victim mentality, although that's certainly the starting point.

It's also the idea that, because of their supposed (and possibly real) victimization, they have greater entitlements than those who share basic physical characteristics with their supposed oppressors.