well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Should White Boys Still Be Allowed To Talk?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Should White Boys Still Be Allowed To Talk?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Yeah, well, the first few comments rubbish it rather thoroughly.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
The whole thing was replete with problems. And yet, this is what is published on a college campus these days.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Yeah, well, the first few comments rubbish it rather thoroughly.

As do all the rest. There is hope.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
I hope the school has a counselor somewhere on campus. The author should partake.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10570 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I doubt most of the students of any race or sex have a great deal to offer in terms of depth. Still, how are they to develop if they can’t speak?

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Tearing down your neighbor’s house never makes your house look better. If I taught at Dickson I would make sure the students understand that.

References and salary requirements are available on request. Cool

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Tearing down your neighbor’s house never makes your house look better. If I taught at Dickson I would make sure the students understand that.

If you taught there, one hopes you'd get the name right.

Dickinson.

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, that someone spent three years there, stewing in their racist thoughts and resent, doesn’t speak well of the college. It must not challenge the students very much.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
quote:

Yeah, that someone spent three years there, stewing in their racist thoughts and resent, doesn’t speak well of the college. It must not challenge the students very much.

That is reminiscent of the nature vs. nurture debate.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Re: Dicks and Dicksons. Once again you miss the point.

$ 500K in loans and you still can’t think

It’s OK. We make allowances.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Re: Dicks and Dicksons. Once again you miss the point.

$ 500K in loans and you still can’t think

It’s OK. We make allowances.

Oh, it was an attempt at humor.

You’ll need to work on that.

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
There's no doubt that those thoughts exist, probably in more enclaves than we might be aware of. However, I am encouraged by the comments.

There is a lot of systemic racism in our society. This approach, however, will not help anything.

My 2c.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, this particular brand of victim mentality, and all the logical confusion it embodies, is now part and parcel of modern progressivism.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Unfortunately, this particular brand of victim mentality, and all the logical confusion it embodies, is now part and parcel of modern progressivism.

It's not just the victim mentality, although that's certainly the starting point.

It's also the idea that, because of their supposed (and possibly real) victimization, they have greater entitlements than those who share basic physical characteristics with their supposed oppressors.